Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure change causing headaches?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I still say dehydration's probably the cause of most of these nosebleeds and headaches and pressure's got nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Su Campu wrote: »
    I still say dehydration's probably the cause of most of these nosebleeds and headaches and pressure's got nothing to do with it.

drink up to ten glasses a day :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My ears are very sensitive to pressure. I can't fly if I've any slight but of a cold, as I can't "pop" my ears to release the pressure. The past 24 hours my ears have been going crazy. I actually have pains in them this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Climbing the hill into Jonesboro (doubt it's even a 40m climb) today and I thought I was going to pass out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I had a headache all of yesterday and most of today. It's only just going now. I can't say whether it was a weather related headache or whether it was just me being tired as I was woken up very early yesterday morning by the storm. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Too many weather reported effects throughout the years for a relationship not to exist.

I tend to believe the people who say an effect should not be caused by a particular weather feature and yet I also believe the people who suffer apparently from a link.

Perhaps there is a discovery to be made yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The problem with any research is that it won't work if people know that the pressure is changing - there is too much chance of a psychosomatic reaction. If you think that a Low gives you a headache & you know that a Low is approaching it's too easy to link the two.

I think that the medical profession use the term "pressure headache" to mean pressure on the nerves in the neck. There used to be an advert for painkillers that had a diagram of neck muscles tensing & causing pressure over the eyes.

MT. The full moon case is far more interesting because studies say that it is not true yet the emergency services are convinced that it causes problems. I heard that the UK police consider that the most likely time for crime/public disorder is during hot weather & full moons.

As a child there was a local old lady who would throw things out of her bedroom window & scream at the full moon. The local kids would hide behind the hedge & watch :D. We don't have words like Lunacy & Lunatic without reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Maybe you guys could tell me about atmospheric pressure changes in ireland and others countries where it results in headaches.
    In ireland I never get headaches but when I visit specificly osijek, croatia which I do a number of times a year I get them season independent.
    One possible theory I have is ireland fluctuates in pressure alot constantly but doesnt go to the extremes of inland eastern europe, is this correct? And that these extremes in pressure are resulting in the headaches.
    Which countries/conditions are more prone to these type of headaches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I suggest you read this recent thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Croatian beer maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Probably doesn't require a thread just for this, but I just wanted to let people know that I currently feel like this guy:

total-recall-bulge-eyes-300.jpg

I've been getting over a heavy cold and the last few days I've been feeling heavy pressure around my nose/face/eyes - went to bed with the whole front of my face actually in pain last night!
    Reckon it's to do with the high pressure that's sitting on us, or is it just a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Probably doesn't require a thread just for this, but I just wanted to let people know that I currently feel like this guy:

total-recall-bulge-eyes-300.jpg

I've been getting over a heavy cold and the last few days I've been feeling heavy pressure around my nose/face/eyes - went to bed with the whole front of my face actually in pain last night!
    Reckon it's to do with the high pressure that's sitting on us, or is it just a coincidence?

Sounds more like sinus pain which I suffered with myself.

I can say that working in a room that is at a set pressure affects me as soon as I walk in the door. Once I leave the room I feel alot better so it is highly possible for the rise and fall of atmospheric pressure to affect people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sounds more like sinus pain which I suffered with myself.

I can say that working in a room that is at a set pressure affects me as soon as I walk in the door. Once I leave the room I feel alot better so it is highly possible for the rise and fall of atmospheric pressure to affect people.

Do you work in a room that's above or below atmospheric pressure :confused: ?

Advertisement