Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

unkel wrote: »
    I know where you're coming from, but I feel the lack of market for it is already reflected in the price. And it is a diesel too :D

Not exactly tax friendly either :( I'd love it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

RoverJames wrote: »
    It's only on donedeal half an hour, that's why it's not sold yet 'twas adverts I saw it on earlier :)

Got the link, I want to see what the imbeciles over there are offering in exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Got the link, I want to see what the imbeciles over there are offering in exchange?
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/alfa-romeo/156/2001-alfa-romeo-156-2-4jtd-sportwagon-rare/1447387

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

He did in his sh!te turn down 1500 quid. And if he did then he's nuts. Thats not a desirable yoke in the true context of the word. Its odd and different but its just a Tempra in a dress with huge mileage, huge tax, not very quick anyway. To top it off, given that its an over a decade old alfa with a huge clock, there's some large bills lurking just around the corner.

If Im wrong Im wrong but I dont think so on this one.

Rolli wrote: »

Another Celica, owner putting it through test too
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2981974

Have never seen one of them with leather before, I fear that one is powered by the feeble enough 4E-FE yoke though.
    Edit, it's the 1.8 as per the add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Would you seriously buy a 330ci thats not an M3?

Have never seen one of them with leather before, I fear that one is powered by the feeble enough 4E-FE yoke though.
    Edit, it's the 1.8 as per the add.

Cheap enough insurance though for someone in their early 20s that wants a car that has a fanny magnet already installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Saab Ed wrote: »
    He did in his sh!te turn down 1500 quid. And if he did then he's nuts. Thats not a desirable yoke in the true context of the word. Its odd and different but its just a Tempra in a dress with huge mileage, huge tax, not very quick anyway. To top it off, given that its an over a decade old alfa with a huge clock, there's some large bills lurking just around the corner.

Yep Saab Ed just said it as it is really! The tax would be a killer really and the high miles + Alfa Romeo diesel won't go down well with the average buyer over here. Although the chances are it would be bought by an Alfa enthusiast anyway.

I'd still feckin love it though...:P

I know where you're coming from, but I feel the lack of market for it is already reflected in the price. And it is a diesel too :D

But it's an Alfa diesel with 160k miles and €900 tax a year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

He should have taken the 1500 quid and ran. Diesel is the only plus point on that car for the normal punter. Its a big tax motor and its going to scare most people off at that price point.

However, it does look clean.

• Advertisement

BX 19 wrote: »
    He should have taken the 1500 quid and ran. Diesel is the only plus point on that car for the normal punter. Its a big tax motor and its going to scare most people off at that price point.

However, it does look clean.

I just want to sum up here though. I would love that yoke. Im not a Alfa basher or the like, infact I'd like to think I'm far from it. Its just sometimes you've got to just be honest about something and thats all I was doing. I'd say it a great yoke, just for 800 quid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭unkel

166man wrote: »
    But it's an Alfa diesel with 160k miles and €900 tax a year!:D

Tax is €962 for a 2.4l vs €660 for a 2l. Significant difference but not shocking really

The engine is reliable (and it was the first common rail diesel engine in the world!) and pretty powerful after the remap

I'd say the car would appeal to an Alfa enthusiast on a budget who does a serious enough mileage. The wagon is rare and sought after

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I just want to sum up here though. I would love that yoke. Im not a Alfa basher or the like, infact I'd like to think I'm far from it. Its just sometimes you've got to just be honest about something and thats all I was doing. I'd say it a great yoke, just for 800 quid though.

Ohh yea. Me too. Its red with cream leather seats :D

Couldn't afford it anytime soon though and most people are not far different then me. Its a car more suited to 5-6 years ago.

Would you seriously buy a 330ci thats not an M3?

Most definitely. They're a lot cheaper. I know it's not a coupe but a 330i e90 was for sale in Galway from a dealer for less than €7000 at the start of the year.

E46 330ci can be got for small money in excellent condition, decent E46 M3s still cost multiples more :)

The roofs knackered and the clock is big but if you got it for 300 Deutchmarks ......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3132021

View2?id=10570196

......... I'd say it a great yoke, just for 800 quid though.

You'd get €800 for a petrol 156 estate older than 2001 :)

Fingers crossed Matt updates us with how much he gets for it (ballpark) and than you and 166man can wipe the egg off each others faces !!

You'd get €800 for a petrol 156 estate older than 2001 :)

Not off me you wouldn't. :p

Brrrr Brrrr ....... Brrrr Brrrrr

Good morning Shell Ireland. How can we help you?

Oh hello. I was wondering, do you make home deliveries of petrol ?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3125381

View2-10555744.jpeg

nothing surer :D

Tax is €962 for a 2.4l vs €660 for a 2l. Significant difference but not shocking really

The engine is reliable (and it was the first common rail diesel engine in the world!) and pretty powerful after the remap

I'd say the car would appeal to an Alfa enthusiast on a budget who does a serious enough mileage. The wagon is rare and sought after

Well if compared to the 1.9jtdm then the difference is nearly €470 a year. That's significant. On top of that there is the mental block of paying that much cash to tax the car.

I have heard that the reliability is good though so that's a positive but those miles has to scare people off.

I think you're on the money with the last two sentences. It would be bought by an enthusiast who knows quite how good it is. It's still a small market out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

fk'off, I was in the queue first. I'm getting 12.3 according to the obd :mad: .. and thats with reserved driving...

Most definitely. They're a lot cheaper. I know it's not a coupe but a 330i e90 was for sale in Galway from a dealer for less than €7000 at the start of the year.

E46 330ci can be got for small money in excellent condition, decent E46 M3s still cost multiples more :)

Still prefer a 99/00 m3 that wouldn't cost much more than 330ci.
    Tax is the same on both.
    Fuel consumption isn't too different.
    But there is a huge difference in power, not shy of 100bhp and the noise difference is in a different chapter altogether.

Brrrr Brrrr ....... Brrrr Brrrrr

Good morning Shell Ireland. How can we help you?

Oh hello. I was wondering, do you make home deliveries of petrol ?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3125381

View2-10555744.jpeg

I'm sorry are those steelies on that yoke? Can you imagine paying €1300 a year in tax on that yoke...:eek:

Personally I'd sooner have a 2006 e90 330i than a 2000 M3 :)
    Each to their own and all that :)

pfffftttt

I drove my mates 07 335i and while its a symphony on wheels, I'd drive my 01 M5 any time over it :) (and kick his ass)

E39MSport wrote: »
    fk'off, I was in the queue first. I'm getting 12.3 according to the obd :mad: .. and thats with reserved driving...

In what? The Millenium Falcon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3036881

Almost one for the reg. plate snobs?:D

Volvo S60, tax, cert, leather, shiney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Odelay wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3036881

Almost one for the reg. plate snobs?:D

Volvo S60, tax, cert, leather, shiney.

:confused:

In what? The Millenium Falcon?

Thats a different thread ? (bit pi55ed at the mo)

E39 M5 is recording 12.3 but I haven't made a hard reading on it yet. Don't think the obd is accurate.
    8er does about 14 in same conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Rolli wrote: »
    :confused:

tis a fresh plate to me for around a grand, or maybe I'm getting too old......:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement