Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Australia and tattoos

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Never mind OZ! Im going to the place to be, Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

What in the fcuk have you ever done with your life, out of curiousity? Likely nothing, like most people stuck back home.

Outside of the city centres the vast majority of suburban Aussie bars are sh1te. The busy- ish ones are full of old men wasting away their lives on poker machines. The quiet ones dont have anyone drinking in them at all. Barely any have live bands playing. Aussies under a certain age dont have a "local" the same way we do. Its hardly any wonder most Irish frequent places with a bit of live music, young crowd and where you can drink from a pint glass.

Lol.

Keep going. You are funny.

http://www.northies.com.au/home.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

old_aussie wrote: »
    ye I know about that but California will be bigger, the big one is due any time now, could happen in the next year or 5-10 years, nobody is sure exactly when but its due

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

What in the fcuk have you ever done with your life, out of curiousity? Likely nothing, like most people stuck back home.

Going to Australia for a year. "Doing something with your life" :D

Maybe he means it's better than sitting at home on the dole for a year or two, rather than those begrudgers who sit on the dole and get all bitter & twisted and post shite on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I moved to Germany and now I am forever going to be afraid of being shot if I cross the road at a red traffic light :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

old_aussie wrote: »
    ye I know about that but California will be bigger, the big one is due any time now, could happen in the next year or 5-10 years, nobody is sure exactly when but its due

What kind of person thinks of earthquakes when deciding where to move to! It's nuts nobody has abandoned cities in California nor Christchurch NZ.
    Sure these floods in Dublin - must leave Dublin because it's going to happen and wipe out the population!
    Poppycock!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Doom wrote: »
    Whats the story with lads when they move down there, the hair gets bleached, pumping iron, next tattoos....acting all like they're the coolest fcukers ever, when infact they were nerds at home!!!:rolleyes:

I know about 6 lads like this, Aussies must be laughing their holes off
    you mirin' brah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Doom wrote: »
    I bet you're one of them.....go on admit it

Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

markesmith wrote: »
    What do you expect? Anyone from Ireland who goes to Australia is an unimaginative tool
    Thats a bit uncalled for, nothing wrong with people going to australia.
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    Think you are dreaming mate or you just made it up, there is no such Pub as O'Neil's in KX or Sydney.
    I honestly thought he meant the o neills tracksuits:o

Think it might be time for bed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

heate wrote: »
    What kind of person thinks of earthquakes when deciding where to move to!

A DIY fanatic.

• Advertisement

My brother's been there for 7 years and is well set up and successful there.. I see the appeal of that and will likely make it down that far over the next couple of years if I can interviews set up for the "career job" I got going in Ireland before leaving. I don't want too big a gap in my CV so a stop off in OZ would be wise.

What I wont be doing though is going down there to work in a field for 3 months and then drink with my friends from back home every night in whichever city I live in.. That's perfect for some people and I've nothing against it but I'd much rather work in a completely different culture and see something new.

Advertisement