Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Can someone point me in the direction of the final RSA document regarding motorcaravan NCT?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

wonderworm wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the direction of the final RSA document regarding motorcaravan NCT?

Cheers

See attachment, note the comment "However, as motor caravans are already required to have a roadworthiness certificate, motorcaravan owners should continue to have their vehicles tested at the VTN in the interim" contained in the cover note has been shown to be without basis in court.

BTW, the Minister of the day never got around to signing the regs into law before he 'lost his job'. I believe from an 'insider' that the RSA will have to start from 'square one' all over again with the new Minister, I am lead to believe that there is no automatic continuity of work in progress after a change of Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

niloc1951 wrote: »
    See attachment, note the comment "However, as motor caravans are already required to have a roadworthiness certificate, motorcaravan owners should continue to have their vehicles tested at the VTN in the interim" contained in the cover note has been shown to be without basis in court.

BTW, the Minister of the day never got around to signing the regs into law before he 'lost his job'. I believe from an 'insider' that the RSA will have to start from 'square one' all over again with the new Minister, I am lead to believe that there is no automatic continuity of work in progress after a change of Government.

Even as I wrote the above, news that the current Minister had recently signed the required amendment was winging its way to me :o
    See my other post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056505554

• Registered Users Posts: 48 merc camper

I wonder where converted vans fit into this?
    Mine is a 2007 reg but was registered as a camper just over a year ago will I get away without doing my test for 4 years from first registering it as a camper

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

My guess is no.It's a test for road-worthiness of 4 year old vehicles.
    I don't think they will be checking your conversion so long as it doesn't affect the road worthiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

i imagine as you are registered as a motorhome the same rule will apply to your van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

So I we all book a test on the fisrt of March what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

closing this thread ...please continue the discussion in this dupliucate, but more current one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056505554

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement