Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card problems

Options
  • 05-01-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

My current GFX card is a HIS X1900 XT-X ICEQ3 and over the last few months, I've noticed that its producing artefacts when playing games. Recently its gone to the point of crashing Counter Strike Source and generating artefacts when playing football manager!

I've never overclocked the GPU and I dont think cooling was ever an issue so what could be the problem?

PS. My PC spec is listed in my signature

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Have you monitored temperatures of your GPU core? I'm not certain about ATI GPUs from that era but it probably has a thermal sensor that can be read by Windows software like SpeedFan, HWMonitor, etc.

Is the fan still working properly?
    Maybe the thermal paste has dried out and is not as effective as it once was.
    Some component on the graphics card (or elsewhere) could be on the way out - there were a lot of dodgy caps manufactured up until about 2007 which made their way into computers (more info here).

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Advertisement