Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repaired my Dead GPU by Baking it in Oven

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I had to share this ,
    My Dell Inpsiron 9400 GPU (Geforce 7900 GS) died a few months back and I have been having a decision to make about upgrading / downgrading even getting a new laptop since. So just before I was going to buy from EBay for 300euro I read that if you Bake your card in the oven for 10minutes it can resolve the issues.
    So after baking at 220 for 7minutes its working fine again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

WTFFF!!! lol interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how long ago did you perform this "fix"? Results may be temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Did Sunday and have been running 3d mark and installing games since to see if it will fall apart again. I think the key here is to have the Fan Control program running properly in kicking in early as Windows 7 was not controlling the fan speed by the sounds of people with the same problem. There are a few threads on notebookforums.com about it. So its back to XP for the moment with trusted drivers.
    There is a know fault on my Card as it only has one heat pipe , apparently NVidia made sure all future cards had dual pipes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I might try this for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I can see it now....

How to cook up the Best Gaming Pc ever

"Just pop it in the oven...
    Here's one i made earlier"

Dash of Vanilla Essence
    nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Works for the 360. The Towel Remedy.

Cant say ive found anything wrong on my end. drivers work fine. Get them on Laptopdrivers2go.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Oven chips!

had to say it....... click, boom

Advertisement