Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Bambaata wrote: »
    Was going to do the naas race coming up but may have to be in work that day now too with the soon to be most powerful man in the world coming to visit!

If you are at liberty, please tell me who the soon to be most powerful man in the world is from the Irish perspective. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

That would be Xi Jinping. He'll soon have responsibility for 1,339,724,852 people (Wiki)! Mental!

Saturday 4th Feb
    Long Bike
    On the turbo for this one. Had the new power zones to work off too which I knew would make the session a lot more interesting. Plan was for 1hr easy
    4x(30 ride, 10 easy) as 1 @IM 2,3 @ HIM, 4 @ OLY, 20 easy. Onto the turbo for just after 9. The first hour tickets over at 209W and then it was into the IM efforts. I planned these at 75% of FTP (242W) and came through at 243W and and ave of 125HR. They felt very easy. HIM I planned for 80% (258W) but for some reason I put the details onto the watch wrong and ended up aiming for 266W. It made a difference I think. While I felt controlled the HR was rising throughout the 2 x 30min reps towards where I’d been traditionally at mod-hard (about 150). They were a little bit of effort but looking back I know 258 would have been fine. I hope by Mallorca to ride around the 270 area and I’m sure that should be ok now that I have new zones to push on my biking. While the HRs were climbing they still only average 141 and 139 respectively. The Oly effort at 95% was another game completely. I died in this and really suffered and could only hold 300W for 15mins at which time I had to stop and ditch the remaining 15mins. I didn't quite get the full easy spin down as I was cutting it fine getting into work. Thinking back I put part of the inability to push that 95% down to poor fuelling and hydration. I didn't take enough in early on. Alongside that was the fact that this was my first session with new zones and they are far beyond what I had been doing the past few months. The new efforts will take a little bit of getting use to but I’m happy to be working harder as I believe I will really push on more from here.
    Time: 03:25:33, Ave Power 236W, Ave HR 128, Ave Cadence 90, Distance 118.01km, Ave speed 35.0km/h

Sunday 5th Feb
    Long Run
    I woke Sunday feeling very very tired. After Saturdays run I had to leg it to work and I was on my feet for a lot of the day. I had set an alarm for 8 hours after hitting the pillow but ended snoozing for 2 more hours! I think in future I’m just going to set an alarm for the absolute latest I will allow myself if I’m wrecked like that. That said I really hate getting up late as I feel I’m missing out on the day. With working 6 day weeks lately I want to see as much of the 1 day off as I can! So anyway out I went to do a 01:40:00 run with the first hour being easy and the last 40mins moving to steady HR zones with 30s walks every 19:30. I was expecting to hurt a bit through this one on account of how wrecked I felt but for some unknown reason I was flying and feeling great :confused: HR was lowish for the first 20 but came through at 04:04 pace. 2nd 19:30 had a bit more climbing and came through 04:16 pace. 4:12 for the next 19:30 and I was feeling really good. Then the steady efforts came, surprisingly I still felt great and felt very comfortable with HR floating around 150. I didn’t have to push too much and was happy enough for pace for the 2 steady 19:30s to come through at 04:08 (little more uphill) and 04:03 (gradual downhill). Couldn't believe the 01:40 was already over and could have easily gone on to 2hrs. I didn’t have any drink or gels with me but still felt great.
    Time: 01:40:01, Ave Pace: 4:12 min/km, Ave HR: 142, Distance: 23.86km http://connect.garmin.com/activity/147519890

Monday 6th Feb
    Lunchtime Run:
    Well I was finally seeing the effects of being a little tired today. Legs were a little achey but weren’t too bad. Next week is a recovery week and I think it’s well timed. HRM had some minor spikes but ran mainly in 132-138 range with some as low as 128/30. Bit unusual but i didn’t try force anything. Pace though was fairly consistent.
    Time: 00:42:29, Ave Pace: 4:13 min/km, Ave HR: 137 – taking spikes out it would possibly have been 134/5, Distance: 10.09km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

Dory Dory wrote: »
    If you are at liberty, please tell me who the soon to be most powerful man in the world is from the Irish perspective. ;)

Mr Tayto

Bet Dory don't know who he is :D

griffin100 wrote: »
    Mr Tayto

Bet Dory don't know who he is :D

I haven't a clue! Please enlighten me! Please.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

I haven't a clue! Please enlighten me! Please.....

Mr Tayto is a cultural icon in Ireland. He is a purveyor of the finest crisps (chips?) known to man. He represents the common man, the Irish Joe the plumber if you will. Next time you are in Ireland you should visit him at http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/ and partake in his wares. Failing that if you're really nice I'm sure someone here will send you some for your approval.........but beware, ancient Irish legends say that if you eat the green ones you will die :)

Mr Tayto is a cultural icon in Ireland. He is a purveyor of the finest crisps (chips?) known to man. He represents the common man, the Irish Joe the plumber if you will. Next time you are in Ireland you should visit him at http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/ and partake in his wares. Failing that if you're really nice I'm sure someone here will send you some for your approval.........but beware, ancient Irish legends say that if you eat the green ones you will die :)

Well, if someone wants to send me some of your finest chips, then I will return the favor by sending the sender something of their choice from the US. Let me know if there are any takers! :)

Well, if someone wants to send me some of your finest chips, then I will return the favor by sending the sender something of their choice from the US. Let me know if there are any takers! :)
    Ill send you some if you send me a Garmin 910XT? Deal? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Damn, beaten to it!!

Damn, beaten to it!!

Ummmm, Krusty said the 910xt is, uh, a bit overrated at the moment. So can I interest either of you boys in a deluxe bag of Oreo cookies? Double stuffed! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Never did get this fascination with the Oreo.

I must confess, as far as store bought cookies go, they are hands down my favorites. And I prefer them chilled. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I am also a fan of the Oreo, with any type of Ben and Jerrys :o

catweazle wrote: »
    I am also a fan of the Oreo, with any type of Ben and Jerrys :o

Amen brother! Now you're speaking my language.

Monday 6th February
    Evening Swim
    Right shoulder was getting a bit sore which wasnt great. Seems im putting too much pressure on it at times when pulling too early when my body isn't aligned right for the pull. Didnt have to stop but had to be careful. Cut cooldown a little short to prevent it getting it worse. Session had some mid sculls and front sculls and then 10x50 alt fist/swim and 5x100p steady + 15s.
    Time:00:43:00, Distance: 2100m

Tuesday 7th February

Bike
    A tasty session. Loving the new power zones. Plan was for 5x(5 ride, 5 easy) as 1,5 90%, 2,4 100%, 3 110%. First 90% (290) felt a little tough but i put that down to not fully warmed up. The 100% (322) felt very controlled and the 110% (354) was much easier than expected. It wasn't easy but easily manageable and i overshot it a bit. The 2nd 100% again felt fine and the last 90% felt good. Session flew by. In summary the reps ended up being:
    1) 291W, 130HR
    2) 324W, 137HR
    3) 358W, 145HR
    4) 326W, 142HR
    5) 292W, 138HR
    Time: 01:05:00, Ave Power 261W, Ave HR 126, Ave Cadance 90, Distance 38.24km, Ave speed 35.3km/h

Wednesday 8th February
    Lunchtime Easy Run
    Good run, was flying for some reason! Had a slight headwind out and tailwind back. Managed 20:33 for the opening 5k on 135 average HR and 19:56 for the second 5k on a 139 average HR which was great. I seem to go well the day after a hard session sometimes when i would least have expected it. One thing that did seem off though was the very top of my left calf was a little tender. Almost like a dead feeling, it was getting tight but felt a little weak. I could feel this for the evening after and was quite sore but was ok the next morning. Weird one!
    Time: 00:42:39, Ave Pace: 04:03/km, Ave HR 137, Distance: 10.53km

Evening Swim
    A dash to the pool to get it in before college. It was a 100 -> 400 -> 100 pyramid alternating on sw and pulls and 4 x 50 fast on 55 at the end. I was tired enough by the end but shoulder was at me again a little so i didn't push the session too hard. I gave the 50s at the end all i had though. I expected times to drift as 55 is a low recovery for me but i managed 39, 40, 40, 39 so was happy with that. The last felt like it was longer than 39 but i somehow managed it.
    Time:00:56:00, Distance: 3000m

Thursday 9th February
    HoP Bike
    Oh the Hour of Power is a great session! I was expecting to really suffer in this on the new zones but was well up for giving it a good go. I was wrecked by 5pm a work and still had a lot to do. Didnt get out of there til around 7 and had had some biscuits to keep me going which werent ideal prep. To my surprise the double espresso just before the off got me right on track. 274 felt fine and 386 while a push wasnt anywhere beyond reach. I kept it close to the targets for the 1st while but by rep 13 or 14 i started to lift those as i was seeing the end and felt good. By the end i was aiming to push 280+ and 400+ in the reps and still felt great. I gave the last 30s hard most of what i had and clocked 434 ave for it and there was a little still there. Delighted with how this went. I 0'd about 5 times through it and there were no sudden changes. Duno whats going on lately, the more tired i feel the better i seem to come out of sessions, i really felt better as that one went on and it flew by!
    Time: 01:20:40, Ave Power 287W, Ave HR 133, Ave Cadance 90, Distance 46.93km, Ave speed 35.3km/h - doesnt include first 5mins easy. I realised just after i started id only setup 15 of the 3min reps so restarted session after adjusting

Friday 10th February
    Lunchtime Run
    First session in a while where it wasnt just an easy run. This one was 5x(4 mod, 1 easy). I was tired enough coming to the end of a 3 weeks of base work. I found it very difficult to get moving in the first 2 reps and HR was struggling through only the steady zone, from rep 3 though i was getting the HR up and running better. Was wrecked starting so i think it just took some extra time to get firing. First 2 reps were largely into wind too. The 5 reps were:
    Time Distance Avg Pace Avg HR Max HR
    04:00.0 1.03 03:52 147 156
    04:00.0 1.08 03:43 147 156
    04:00.0 1.15 03:29 155 162
    04:00.0 1.07 03:44 154 161
    04:00.0 1.1 03:39 155 162
    Time: 00:45:25, Ave Pace: 04:02/km, Ave HR 145, Distance: 11.25km

Friday 10th February Cont'd
    Swim was planned but not out of work til late again and all i wanted was bed! Decided id do it Sunday.

Saturday 11th February
    Long Bike
    Plan was for 4x(30 ride, 10 easy) as 1,2 @HIM 3,4 @ OLY. The HIm efforts at the revised 259W's went fine with HR only sitting at 127 average for both. The Oly efforts however were some work. At 10/12mins into rep 1 i got a call from wiork which ruined things for me. I had to stop for a few minutes to deal with the crap. By the time i went back to the rep my legs seemed to go cold and i died a death and had to go to easy. At this stage my head and heart were gone from the session and i only managed 10mins more of Oly before cooling down and heading into work. So i only managed 15mins of Oly rep 1 (304W, 135HR) and 10mins of rep 2 (304W, 146HR). Bit disappointed but i got to move on.
    Time: 03:07:05, Ave Power 242W, Ave HR 123, Ave Cadance 91, Distance 107.27km, Ave speed 34.4km/h

Sunday 12th February
    Fridays Swim
    Well i went out Saturday night for the first time ina good while and had a few too many beers. It was like a release from everything at work and life recently so i was wrecked Sunday morning! So much so i didnt get out of bed til 2pm! Aimed to get swim in before gym closed and run late afternoon. So the swim main set was 5x(300 B+B, 4x50 fast on 60) 45-60 sec between sets, 20sec after 300s. This went better than i expected and i felt decent. t woke me up anyway. The fast reps were all between 39-41 with most being 40.
    Time:01:11:00, Distance: 3400m

Long Run
    Missed this :-( I had a bit of time that i could have squeezed this into but instead i decided to cook a nice dinner and clean the house a little. I think that was my subconscious saying i wasnt bothered really! I really really did not want to do this run. I was wrecked too.

Monday 13th February
    Day off. I really needed this. My head wasnt in it the pasdt few days, probably since Friday. Despite a good start to last week i was slightly dreading sessions coming towards the weekend. I also ate loads of crap and didnt seem to care

Tuesday 14th February
    Easy Bike
    Took the P2C t work to do an hour easy on the road for once. I enjoyed this. I'm not all that comfortable on the bike though and need t get to the bottom of it. When i go aggressive the undercarriage cant take it for long but if i sit back i feel hunched and as though i'm restricting power. Had a lovely tailwind out and i was flying but i knew it would be headwind back! I didnt care too much and just rode easy. Nice day out too and i over dressed a bit so was soaked in sweat getting back.
    Time: 01:00:52, Ave Power 225W, Ave HR 119, Ave Cadance 87, Distance 30.06km, Ave speed 29.6km/h

Wednesday 15th February
    Easy Run
    I wasn't looking forward to this but i knew once i got out id be fine. Nice day out which was lucky as i forgot a long sleeve thermal. Ran ok. Tailwind out, headwind back so back to normal. Didnt push it at all and made sure i kept it easy.
    Time: 00:44:xx, Ave Pace: 04:13/km, Ave HR ?, Distance: 10.62km

Swim
    Short enough swim with just 10x 50 as fist/sw and 5 x 100p steady. My right shoulder was feeling "warm" again which i notced first last week when it progressed to being sore. I couldn't see why this evening but im sure itll pass. I gave it plenty of stretches between reps and tried to keep form god to prevent aggravating it. Felt a bit sloppy at times.
    Time:00:45:00, Distance: 2000m

Not sure whats up with me lately. I seem to be going on weeks where diet is in check, training is in check and while i might not necessarily excited about every session i still enjoy heading out and getting on with it but then like the past few days i couldnt give a monkeys, eat ice cream, chocolate and anything put in front of me and couldn't generally give a rats arse about training. That said i know id be in a worse mood if i skipped sessions. I need to get to the bottom of it or ill be lucky to go sub 5 in Mallorca! Feeling a little better today on it but i wasnt in a great place Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Im a fat man in a skinny mans body and have been having real problems eating right the past few days. I dont eat to fill myself but rather i eat cos i love the taste of food. I found myself eating for the sake of it the past few days and at weigh in tomorrow im expecting to be a few kgs heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Tiredness due to work as its sounds as if things are ramping up?

When i am wrecked from training/work/life stuff i often find myself going for the handy tasty and bold foods:o. Not alone on the motivational front either its only natural you go through a period of off days every once in a while when motivation dips.
    Great work going on especially the numbers you are hitting on the bike with the new zones.

Back to working a few 6 day weeks alright and a fair bit of pressure on right now as we'd a girl leave so im going a lot of what she looked after on top of my own while they interview for a replacement.

Ah i need to swallow a STFU pill and get on with it. Feel far better this morning and as expected i did weigh in a fair bit more (79.2kg) this morning. I aint gona stress about that though. Two clean weeks and that cud go as low as 77kg. Id love to reach 74/75 for Mallorca but im not going to stress about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'm in that dip too. Didn't get on the scales this week yet as I ouldn't face teh reality of the ill discipline. The chest was something coming on though. I'm a fat man trying to get out of this body too and to a degree he is ruling the roost lately. After seeing your 79.2kg I feel better and will just SIU and step onto the scales in the morning!

As for Mallorca, don't worry yet Eddie you have a power of work put down. A few weeks of focus and some race specifics will get you in the shape you want to be to attack it

Thursday 16th February
    Food
    Breakfast (08:30)
    My fav breakfast going - 2 scrambled eggs with chives made with small amount of cream and butter rather than milk put onto a halfed criossant which i dry fry both sides "buttered" using Mascarpone cheese with smoked salmon on top of this. Remains of the valentines brekkie (well ive 1 croissant left!).

Snack (11:30)
    Red apple

Lunch (15:00)
    Homemade Butternut squash and carrot soup with 2 plain slices of bread - onions, bird eye chilis, 1 parsnip. Lovely!
    300mls milk

Snack (16:30)
    3 Narins organic rough oatcakes and whole earth organic crunchy peanut better

Post training (20:30)
    Pitta bread with some spanish type ham, mascarpone and paté

Dinner (21:30)
    Chicken breast cooked in cocnut oil with courgette, garlic, chili and 1/2 red pepper, 2 carrots, 1 parsnip, 1 small sweet potato and 1 small potato

Desert (21:45)
    The remains of the Valentines desert - 1 cadbury hot chocolate pudding and some ice-cream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

My fav breakfast going - 2 scrambled eggs with chives made with small amount of cream and butter rather than milk put onto a halfed criossant which i dry fry both sides "buttered" using Mascarpone cheese with smoked salmon on top of this. Remains of the valentines brekkie (well ive 1 croissant left!).

Snap! Me too, Gordon Ramsey delicious! Had it that style for the first time on Christmas morning and haven't looked back. I always have both cream and smoked salmon in the fridge since..

Warm the last croissant and fill it with nutella....

Thursday 16th February
    Food
    Snap! Me too, Gordon Ramsey delicious! Had it that style for the first time on Christmas morning and haven't looked back. I always have both cream and smoked salmon in the fridge since..

Warm the last croissant and fill it with nutella....

Double snap! Me too. Maybe the three of us could meet for breakfast....

Thursday 16th February
    Bike
    Some good old big gear work, havent done this type of a session in a while. Plan was for 5 x 6mins BG, 1 easy with the BG efforts in steady HR zone and cadence around 55. Slapped the turbo onto slope +9 and into the 53/12 gear and off i went. I found HR was a little low but i didnt want to bring the cadence up too much. I was reaching the old steady zone but just about. LAst year that was reading towards mod! Power was generally holding around 290-310 and it all felt quite comfortable. Onto season 2 of the wire now. Loads to go! Enjoyed the session, flew by. The 5 splits for the BG were:
    Time Distance Avg Speed Avg HR Max HR Avg Cadence Avg Power
    06:00.0 3.06 30.6 132 140 55 313
    06:00.0 3.07 30.7 137 144 55 304
    06:00.0 3.02 30.2 137 141 53 295
    06:00.0 3.04 30.4 140 143 54 295
    06:00.0 3.05 30.5 138 144 54 298

Time: 01:00:00, Ave Power 267W, Ave HR 129, Ave Cadance 73, Distance 31.4km, Ave speed 31.4km/h

Friday 17th February
    Lunchtime Run
    Easy run with some 20s fast and 30s easy reps to wake up the legs. GPS didnt seem to lock too well at the start and HRM was going bananas. So annoying when that happens and it seems t be a lot lately despite new battery and jelly on the strap! I stopped trying to sort it and just went to RPE. Everything felt easy apart from the fast bits of course. Legs felt decent. Did the fast bits into a strong headwind which made them slightly tougher but pushed them out as far as i could.
    Time: 00:43:51, Ave Pace: 04:15/km, Ave HR 146 but includes a lot of spiking, Distance: 10.32km

Evening Swim
    Again later than id have liked at work and i had just about enough time t get this in before heading back toa work related dinner. I was feeling tired enough and wasnt expecting to be in great shape for the swim. I had some drills to start (fs, r'n'r, fist) and then 5x200 alt sw/p - sw easy, p steady, 4x50 fast on 75. Legs were getting a bit crampy late into the session. I was really trying to balance well in the r'n'r. Didnt always work as hips would drop and at times trying to keep them up had me dipping my head down. Still a lot of work to get the balance right. Easy 200s were 03:16, 03:12 (had to swim mod for 15m to pass someone) and 03:24 (took this even easier than the others). P's were 03:25, 03:29. I felt strong enough somehow despite being wrecked for the fast 50s and they came in on 39, 39, 37, 34. I couldnt believe the 34! Fastest ive ever done for 50m. I really gave it everything. I seem to have better form when pushing hard than i do when swimming easy. Earlier in the session my right arm was coming under me slightly but when i swim harder it seems far better, i also seem to keep on top of the water better.
    Time:00:54:00, Distance: 2600m

Saturday 18th February
    Easy Bike
    Plan was for 2hrs easy but i got pressed for time so just managed 01:35. I felt really really good. Felt like i wasnt pedaling at all at times! Had a small few little efforts but kept things 99% easy, no efforts went longer than a few seconds. Barely even sweated! Felt great. Nice to have the PM for into the wind, i forget about speed now and just ride and dont let low speed get to me like it use to. Good spin.
    Time: 01:35:18, Ave Power 233W, Ave HR 122, Ave Cadance 87, Distance 49.81km, Ave speed 31.4km/h

Sunday 19th February
    Easy Run
    The end of recovery week saw just an hour easy on the cards. I had brekkie only a few mins before heading out and had eaten too much too. This wasnt helping me. I felt a little labored. HRM was spiking again a little at the start. Lovely day out, wasn't running great but still enjoyed it.
    Time: 01:00:39, Ave Pace: 04:14/km, Ave HR 139, Distance: 14.3km

Monday 20th February
    Swim
    Off work today so was lovely and relaxed for this one. Felt really good. Opening 200sw easy came in on 03:14 and it was really easy. 50s des 1-4 came in very comfortably on 46, 43, 41, 39. I then had 8x100 alt sw/p mod hard on 1:45 and before the session i was a little concerned on getting any kind of recovery after the pulls but i was feeling great and they came in a lot quicker than expected! The 100sw's were 01:23, 01:25, 01:25, 01:25. 100 p's were 01:30, 01:32, 01:32, 01:32 so very happy with that. 50s fast at the end still held good enough on 38, 37, 37, 37.
    Time:00:44:31, Distance: 2200m

Easy Run
    Headed out into the park for an easy 30mins. I felt good enough. The HRM was spiking (again!) so i just went to RPE. HR did rise at times but everything felt easy. Felt better and better as i went on. It was cold starting but i warmed up soon enough.
    Time: 00:30:21, Ave Pace: 04:01/km, Ave HR 142 (guess - spiking ruined the ave but it was towards the top end of easy and did drift to steady at times i think), Distance: 7.56km

Tuesday 21st February
    Core/Rolling
    I’m going a set given to me by one of the guys here at work with a view to doing 3-4 weeks of a set plan and changing it up. He's well versed as he has qualifications in the area so that has given me the extra bit of motivation to get core work done! Im dreadful for keeping up the core work. Today’s session was only 15mins but 15 good mins. All exercises are either plank, pushup or variations if the two combined and in all there are only 6 exercises and i did 2 reps of them today. I started this last Thursday and only did 1 rep then and i was sore until Saturday after it!

I got myself "The Stick" yesterday and i have to say its deadly. I had up until this just the cheap piece of foam but it has lost its strength now. I gave the legs a good rolling out with the new toy last night and my legs feel great for it today. Did a little bit more there at lunch too after the core work. The stick is great as it’s easy to bring around. It’s also great for using while just watching the TV so I can see myself looking after the poor legs much more now.

Time: 00:15:00

330 - 340W Bike
    Tonight i had 3 x 10mins in the 330-340W range with 2 mins between each easy. For the 1st rep i just focused on tipping along just over 330 to make sure the next 2 went ok. The 2nd rep was probably the hardest mentally but it went ok and i brought it up a little, the 3rd one was probably my favourite of the 3. I feel im most powerful when cadence is just below 90 so i tried to stay around there. The reps went as follows:
    Rep Power Ave HR Ave Cadence Ave
    1) 332W 145HR 92
    2) 336W 151HR 88
    3) 336W 152HR 88

HR was steadily rising but not too far and i felt in control all the way.
    Time: 01:01:00, Ave Power 280W, Ave HR 135, Ave Cadance 90, Distance 36.83km, Ave speed 36.2km/h

• Advertisement

Wednesday 22nd Feb
    Lunhtime Run
    Was off work Thursday and Friday so i was under pressure to get things sorted before finishing up Wednesday. It meant my lunchtime was tight so i could only managed just over 30mins of the planned 45. Did some fast 20s easy 30s sprints and all were into a horrible head wind. Went pok but it was hard to even go sub 03:30/km pace on those.

Swim
    Missed, 2 hrs later in work than i anticipated. After a mountain of pancakes Tuesday and latre enough to bed i just couldnt rise early. Had hoped id still squeeze in the swim before college but it asnt to be. Was even late for college

Thursday 23rd February
    Hilly Bike
    Headed for the mounatins for this one and was riding all climbs seated pushing a large enough power. Headed Enniskerry up the hill beside Djouce Woods and onto Sally Gap and Laragh. That short sharp climb at Djouce Woods is a seriously good little leg buster! I find it far harder than any of the Sally Gap area. Pushed most of the climbs just over 300Ws and up to low 400s at times and it all felt fine which was good. Crazy wind out too which had me descending slower than climbing at times. I remember looking at the speedo and seeing 12/13km/hr when pushing at one stage and i was on level ground for that! The wind made the descent from Sally Gap to Laragh a bit iffy as the winds gusted up the hills. Love that descent though as you can use both sides of the road as you can spot an oncoming car a long way off. Stopped in Laragh for a coffee at which time my garmin battery died so i only have HR and power for the first 2hrs or so. Just used the main road back with a short detour back to UCD via Enniskerry. Nice spin.
    Time: 03:31:53, Ave Power 252W (First 2hrs), Ave HR 129 (First 2hrs), Ave Cadance 79 (First 2hrs), Distance 100.33km, Elevation Gain 965m (first 2hrs)

Advertisement