Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prams/ Buggies/ Travel Systems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Does anybody know anything about the Twingo Travel System, it's a good price on hugsbabystore.ie but I can't find any reviews.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Adrift

A friend has recently set us a blog reviewing buggies prams accessories which some may find useful
    http://willowtreebee.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

We bought the Maxi Cosi Mura 4 in Smyths and i dont like the soft carrycot that came with it so i ordered the hard carrycot seperate from maxi cosi too. It seemed to get really good reviews online. Anybody on here have any first hand experience of it? I know i have it already but id still like some opinions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

We went ahead and got an Uppababy....It was the one that we both liked the most and we were looking for something that would last us for more than one child, or that we could make into a double stroller as we aren't planning on having too much time between babies if all goes well (knock on wood). I know it was much pricer than something we could have gotten in smyths (found a Graco that I loved there for half the price) But we felt like the Uppababy was going to be more durable over time.
    Other features we loved were:

-The carrycot is approved for overnight sleeping and can be used in place of a moses basket
    -How high up the carseat sits in the buggy frame
    - How light the frame is even with carry cot or pram in it
    -The really large basket underneath. I spoke to another mom who had purchased one and she said with the carseat on the frame she can fit her entire week shopping in the basket
    -the fact that we can add a second seat to make it a double stoller.
    -The wheels are made of foam- no need to inflate and no hard plastic so baby will get a smooth ride

Things we didn't like

-Mainly the price and cost of accessories.
    - The travel system doesnt come with any footmuff...not sure how essential these are...would a blanket not suffice?
    - Would have been nice if a nappy bag came with the system for the price!

We did a lot of research and felt overall the Uppababy ticked all of our boxes and our con list wasn't enough to turn us away...Was glad we shopped around at a few different nursery stores though...The first place was quoting us a price with carseat and base for nearly 1,200 euro and we ended up getting the travel system with same carseat and base at another store for 900! Thats a big difference!

Edit: And I agree with all previous posters who said this: Shopping for a pram is SO much harder than a car! Who would have thought?? haha!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

wait until you are shopping for a car that fits them all in and a pram;)
    I researched both of them a but tooo much.
    My favourite bit looking back was the amount of random strangers I asked for a go of their buggies:) It was the only way I was going to get a proper idea. The zoo was the best place to do it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 instamum

Does anybody know where in Ireland you can buy the Orbit G2? I've heard from different people that they're coming to Ireland and their Facebook page (which is UK & Ireland) says they'll have a list of stockists soon but nothing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

instamum wrote: »
    Does anybody know where in Ireland you can buy the Orbit G2? I've heard from different people that they're coming to Ireland and their Facebook page (which is UK & Ireland) says they'll have a list of stockists soon but nothing yet!

I got a mail last week saying it was coming to Bella Baby so might be worth ringing them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takestan

We also got a uppababy travel system last april has been great since easy to fold, push, fit in car would highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We got the Bugaboo Chameleon, love it. Apparently a lot of the prams/buggies on eBay are fake brands that haven't passed European guidelines, so be weary if your buying online!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

We put a deposit on an Uppababy cos we were told that any orders placed from Sept will be an extra €50.They're pricey enough as it is but defo seem a top quality buggy.We liked the fact it can turn into a double if needed,its got good storage,basinette can act as Moses basket and its easy to push around with no fear of punctures.Buggy shopping is nearly as stressful as car shopping!!Glad we settled on the Uppababy though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am not finding anything about a double uppababy online,have you got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Its got a thing called a Rumble seat which you can buy,basically an extra add on seat if needed.

sillysocks wrote: »
    I got a mail last week saying it was coming to Bella Baby so might be worth ringing them to check.

Cheers sillysocks!

Torn between UPPAbaby and Orbit now! i found a site called Clever Clogs with both buggies and all accessories, they give a list of stockists. I'm going to email them & Bella Baby and see when the Orbit is launching, maybe see if they can send me on some extra info on both to help with the decision. I'll keep you posted!

p.s There are so many accessories, it's like buying a car!

Takestan wrote: »
    We also got a uppababy travel system last april has been great since easy to fold, push, fit in car would highly recommend

Did you get the new model, the Vista? Just wondering are they sturdy? I'm concerned that the new model (the Cruz, I think) isn't as sturdy as the Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

instamum wrote: »
    Did you get the new model, the Vista? Just wondering are they sturdy? I'm concerned that the new model (the Cruz, I think) isn't as sturdy as the Vista.

We got the vista...I didn't even know the cruz was available in Ireland, but the vista does seem sturdier from what I can tell! (sorry to butt in hehe!)

Advertisement