Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aljazeera Sports Packages News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭sob1467

Yes all scrambled for me at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Feck sake, I wanted to watch FCB vs Espanyol. :mad:

Has anyone got their channels back yet?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Has anyone got their channels back yet?

+1 to +8 working now for me. +9 and +10 not working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

+1-+4 gone here again,, was lookink forward to arsenal v leeds:mad:

• Advertisement

Mine are all gone again as of 18:45pm. Was watching the Ballon d'Or. Argh!

Edit: just got 5, 6, ,7 and 8 back. 1-4 are dead.

All working again now. Watching Leeds and Arsenal on it now.

sob1467 wrote: »
    All working again now. Watching Leeds and Arsenal on it now.

Were yours all working last night? I got 5, 6, 7 and 8 back just as Leeds/Arsenal was coming on live. 1-4 were off all night.

Is there some sort of conspiracy going on? It seems to be more than a coincidence as it's happening daily. I know JSC changed their Arabsat frequencies recently but no changes have been made to Hotbird right?

I think we have our answer here. I did a little digging around the Internet and discovered the following:

Quote from alsat forum.
    Anyone with a valid subscription of a jsc card experiencing interrupted services since 07/01/2012 (scrambled) please note that there is nothing wrong with your card or al jazeera, al jazeera transmision is being interrupted by a certain government who is killing it's own people by the hundreds, and so because al jazzeera is showing those tragic events to the whole world, the government in question is getting al jazeera back by interrupting their transmision.

And this from the JSC website:
    Al Jazeera Sports channels exposed to intentional interference at different frequencies, and the process engineering departments concerned to repair the effects of this sabotage to ensure fun for the fans watching the sport.

The island sports as Mtabaaha apologize for all the fans for this unfortunate event outside its control, it reserves its full right to prosecute assaults on their rights and the rights of viewers.

Source: Al Jazeera Sports

Not sure if anyone's been experiencing issues this week, but mine appear to have ceased. I was able to watch the Barcelona Copa del Rey match against Osasuna with no interruptions.

Glad to have my beloved FC Barcelona back on my tellybox. I hope Al Jazeera got hold of the gits who were blocking the channels and gave them a box!

Any of you lot experiencing issues with your Al Jazeera packs still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

my channels are offline atm, so I'm not sure what's the problem??

Can anyone confirm that their channels are working or not at the minute please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

+1 to +8 all working for me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

1-8 working here ok as well

mines an irdeto card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Working fine on viacess too now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From digital spy: JSC SPORTS 1-10 FREE TO AIR ON 3e East beam atm
    SCAN 12651 h 27500

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

Mine gone now too. I have the +1/+8 package on an Irdeto card but all eight channels are showing as "Scrambled" on Hotbird for the last few hours. Looks like the problems of last week have returned.

I only have 1,2 and 3 now.

still have 1-8 clear here. i haven't really had any problems apart from 9 & 10 going missing at the start of the year.

a couple of times when i switched on it showed scrambled but usually clears after 10 seconds, the few times it didn't i switched channels and everything would be fine from thee on.

i have had it it both a dm500 and dm800 as well as using my azbox with them.

guess i'm one of the lucky ones so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Brian h

All eight channels have just come back on after about six hours off. Hope it's not a regular occurrence as it has been a reliable card for me up to now.

• Advertisement

Brian h wrote: »
    All eight channels have just come back on after about six hours off. Hope it's not a regular occurrence as it has been a reliable card for me up to now.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

+1

+2

All mine are back properly, shame the Clasico is on three of the channels and not in English on any of them? :(

Pyongyang wrote: »
    All mine are back properly, shame the Clasico is on three of the channels and not in English on any of them? :(

Plus one and they are showing a much inferior match on +3

sob1467 wrote: »
    Plus one and they are showing a much inferior match on +3

in saying that the Arabic commentator on +2 under the English studio is one if the best I've ever heard :)

I'm watching it on +4. The +3 game is over, maybe the second half will be on there?

English commentary is on +10 I think...

English commentary is on +10 I think...

Ah, I only have 1-8. Oh well, Puyol's goal has more than made up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I bought the 10 channel Al Jazeera card back in July. I just read this thread and noticed that +9 and +10 are gone. Is there any way to get them back?

I think the African cup of nations are all on +9 and +10

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    I bought the 10 channel Al Jazeera card back in July. I just read this thread and noticed that +9 and +10 are gone. Is there any way to get them back?

I think the African cup of nations are all on +9 and +10

i've read on a few sites that you have to pay for 9 & 10 for this year again.

you can upgrade an existing card for 9 & 10 as long as it has over 6 months of 1 - 8 left on it according to about 3 different sellers on ebay and to jsc-cards dot com so you can probably still do that.

the african cup of nations and the euros are supposed to be on 9 & 10.

my card is supposed to run out at the end of febuary so i'll hold off till then and see what to do.

jsc-cards will renew 1 - 8 for €69 and the upgrade for 9 & 10 is another €60 which is about the cheapest i've found anywhere. i haven't used them before so i don't know how good they are. i'll keep looking till the end of feb anyway.

Advertisement