Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

awec wrote: »
    So do I, but sure that's part of the craic.

Wouldn't be a proper night out if you weren't hanging out of your tree the next day.

I'd usually agree but I spent this afternoon picking apart mistakes I discovered I made in a hungover state right before xmas in work. Just glad it was me who found them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Beers on a school night - not on my watch.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Beers on a school night - not on my watch.
    :cool:

Thanks Otis - as mod here you're our health and safety officer.
    A role which I know you'll take very seriously indeed.
    Until we're all safely deposited in the pub, then it's up to the good lord to save our asses :cool:

• Advertisement

Wait what.

I barely know where I am half the time,how in the blue hell am I supposed to look after ye bunch a luders!

:pac:

Sure isn't that half the fun of it :D
    I'll bring a length of bailing twine, you can tie us all together and lead us to the pub. Job done.

Mods still provide the alcohol yeah?
    We'll look after your kebab after, just to say thanks. We're good like that.

Ehhh there was a rule that was introduced a few months ago that new attendees have to supply the mods with libations.

Panthro,get yer ass up to Dublin and we will drink like Henry the VIII!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Sure isn't that half the fun of it :D
    I'll bring a length of bailing twine, you can tie us all together and lead us to the pub. Job done.

Mods still provide the alcohol yeah?
    We'll look after your kebab after, just to say thanks. We're good like that.

I think a buddy system may need to be implemented.

Maybe you could hold a large, brightly coloured umbrella to round us all up?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm in fo' sho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Hi all,

New to this forum. Just wondering what sort of format the night takes? Is it formal/unformal? What is the expected male/female breakdown?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

May a girl who occasionally wanders over from AH to lurk here (ie me) attend?

Ehhh there was a rule that was introduced a few months ago that new attendees have to supply the mods with libations.

Panthro,get yer ass up to Dublin and we will drink like Henry the VIII!

Reported for newbie advantage-taking.
    Daisies wrote: »
    I think a buddy system may need to be implemented.

Maybe you could hold a large, brightly coloured umbrella to round us all up?

Imma make us some badass name badges. And bumbags. And matching jackets. And and and and....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Reported for newbie advantage-taking.

Imma make us some badass name badges. And bumbags. And matching jackets. And and and and....

If you make name badges I will be impressed!

Kilough wrote: »
    Hi all,

New to this forum. Just wondering what sort of format the night takes? Is it formal/unformal? What is the expected male/female breakdown?!

It's not exactly formal. We have tried several times to make it as formal as possible but Drav's erotic male dancing and Otis' drunken beer cat lay waste to those plans.

Nah, it's not formal at all. It's just casual beers with a bit of a laugh. A formal night (unless it's a themed event) may be daunting and off putting for people who just wanna have a few drinks in a relaxed environment with people from the internet. :pac:

Kilough wrote: »
    Hi all,

Very informal,casual dress.Breakdown is generally pretty much an even split between male and female.

Katgurl wrote: »
    May a girl who occasionally wanders over from AH to lurk here (ie me) attend?

You shouldnt feel the need to ask but yes,you and anyone you want to bring is more than welcome.

:)
    Daisies wrote: »
    If you make name badges I will be impressed!

If she makes name badges she gets my foot in her ass.

Unless they are hand-embroidered.

With everyones user name AND real name on them.

And they should have lasers.

And GPS.

On the off chance that the laser name badges don't work out, are there any tips for newcomers to recognise yis, except for going up to strangers in the pub and bellowing 'ARE YOU FROM THE INTERNETZ?!' at them?

• Advertisement

If she makes name badges she gets my foot in her ass.

I'm SO making badges now.
    With fricking lasers too.

bellowing 'ARE YOU FROM THE INTERNETZ?!' at them?

That's what I plan on doing, we'll find each other pretty easily so. :cool:

On the off chance that the laser name badges don't work out, are there any tips for newcomers to recognise yis, except for going up to strangers in the pub and bellowing 'ARE YOU FROM THE INTERNETZ?!' at them?

We're the ones in the corner conversing via our phones using the mobile version of Boards.

awec wrote: »
    I'm just going to look for the girl carrying what looks to be a bag of brown sauce and vinegar mixed together.

I be packin a water-gun.
    You'll recognise me by my lazers. Frickin lazerzzzzz

Easiest way is to PM someone that will be there and exchange numbers with them and meet outside the pub if you are too nervous to go in alone.

Other wise just have a goo of the "know your clubbers" thread,alot of attendees mugs posted in there!

Easiest way is to PM someone that will be there and exchange numbers with them and meet outside the pub if you are too nervous to go in alone.

Other wise just have a goo of the "know your clubbers" thread,alot of attendees mugs posted in there!

Not nervous, just terribly worried that approaching the wrong groups will cut into precious beer consumption time :D

Not nervous, just terribly worried that approaching the wrong groups will cut into precious beer consumption time :D

I'll be wearing this t-shirt so you'll know where to come. :pac:

thatguy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's not exactly formal. We have tried several times to make it as formal as possible but Drav's erotic male dancing and Otis' drunken beer cat lay waste to those plans.

Nah, it's not formal at all. It's just casual beers with a bit of a laugh. A formal night (unless it's a themed event) may be daunting and off putting for people who just wanna have a few drinks in a relaxed environment with people from the internet. :pac:

Sounds good, a few gentlemanly drinks can do no harm I suppose :/

Big fan of this forum, frequent reader and infrequent poster, I'll try change my lazy ways!

1) Approach bar and purchase alcoholic beverage

2) Approach group of strangers, probably sitting in a private area of bar, possibly with sign

3) Make friends with folks from the internetz :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement