Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

bluewolf wrote: »
    they even got me to do a shot

That's nice. But I haven't done shots in over 3 years (due to a rather expensive blackout!) and I've no intention to start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Kev.OC wrote: »
    That's nice. But I haven't done shots in over 3 years (due to a rather expensive blackout!) and I've no intention to start now.

shots shots shots. as long as someone else is payin i be drinkin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Galvasean wrote: »

PARTY @ GALVASEAN'S NITE LINK!!!!

I soooooo thought that was gonna be a house party for a split second >.<
    Maguined wrote: »

I won't be drinking at all

A sober Maggie! :eek:
    Maguined wrote: »
    At previous beers all the non-dubs booked into the same hostel as Tuddle and had a blast before and after the official beers, might be worth looking into and arranging again if ye can folks.

Word of warning just don't play Kings with Tuddle and her dodgy Donegal rules. She destroyed many a boardsie with it.

Actually of the 7 or so folks there only 1 other was booked into that hostel....the rest were all Dubs :pac: Of course I shall be hosting a round or two of Kings haven't played since that feicin night!

For the record....the ONLY way to play Kings is by Donegal standards. :mad:
    And only 4 of those got sick/completely smashed/went home early. In my defense people did not warn me of their limits :pac:

hdowney wrote: »
    tuds my dear did you book into abigails again? i am booking hostel on tue - much the same as yerself book now worry later, and i wanna be in a hostel that a few others are in yakno

someone splain this game to me. i do not know it :D

i am doing the operation transformation 5k in the phoenix park that morning and would love people to come support me more cheering = more likely to finish

Yup booked in! Ahhh the game...well...we always go through a practise round to start with but basically the easiest way to follow it is to just drink everytime I tell ya as I keep a good eye on the cards so won't steer ya wrong :D
    they even got me to do a shot

This is true, I have the photographic evidence of before, during and after. :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I soooooo thought that was gonna be a house party for a split second >.<

A sober Maggie! :eek:

Actually of the 7 or so folks there only 1 other was booked into that hostel....the rest were all Dubs :pac: Of course I shall be hosting a round or two of Kings haven't played since that feicin night!

For the record....the ONLY way to play Kings is by Donegal standards. :mad:
    And only 4 of those got sick/completely smashed/went home early. In my defense people did not warn me of their limits :pac:

Yup booked in! Ahhh the game...well...we always go through a practise round to start with but basically the easiest way to follow it is to just drink everytime I tell ya as I keep a good eye on the cards so won't steer ya wrong :D

This is true, I have the photographic evidence of before, during and after. :p

drink drink drink all good. since i won't have drank in so long i wonder will i get proper bladdered for the first time ever, or just my fun tipsy normalness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Kev.OC wrote: »

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    what what? I've never got anyone doing shots! Its all Otis.

True.

Tried refusing a jagerbomb the first time I met him. His answer was to wave his hand dismissively and say "aaahhhhaarrharggbjhbhjhjhu".....how can you argue with that! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

True.

Tried refusing a jagerbomb the first time I met him. His answer was to wave his hand dismissively and say "aaahhhhaarrharggbjhbhjhjhu".....how can you argue with that! :pac:

Im a modern day Keats.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Looks like this will be a BIG meet :D i won't be polluted at this one :D

Looks like this will be a BIG meet :D i won't be polluted at this one :D

i think you are being overly optimistic, on both counts! people always drop out coming up to it

i think you are being overly optimistic, on both counts! people always drop out coming up to it

Hey, am off the drink almost a month!!!! :D I won't be drinking :)

NY resolution to sort my life out and it is working so far :)

• Advertisement

Hey, am off the drink almost a month!!!! :D I won't be drinking :)

NY resolution to sort my life out and it is working so far :)

i'm off it too :D but i will be having a few that day after the race, i'll deserve it, then back to the grind on the sunday:(

well done on being off the drink btw

i'm off it too :D but i will be having a few that day after the race, i'll deserve it, then back to the grind on the sunday:(

well done on being off the drink btw

Thank you! Had to be done. Was starting to get me down so I decided to cut it out :)

See you there :) I'll be the one on the diet 7UP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'll be drinking but not to my normal boards standards and I'm not doing tequilla ever again, it had interesting consequences last time! Damn you Otis :pac:

Ha ha ha,I remember that particular story.
    :pac:

Ha ha ha,I remember that particular story.
    I wonder is it the same story!

If its involving vomit then Id reckon it is.

Im at a loose end tonight and wouldnt mind a few pints.Half thinking of heading in to do some recon on Cassidys.Anyone interested?

If its involving vomit then Id reckon it is.

Im at a loose end tonight and wouldnt mind a few pints.Half thinking of heading in to do some recon on Cassidys.Anyone interested?
    No I didn't vomit... It had to do with salt!

I wasnt on about you vomiting.
    ;)

I wasnt on about you vomiting.
    ;)
    I don't remember telling you that story :o So now you know now why I can't drink tequilla :p

Last beers we were swapping stories and that came up.

Yager it is so!
    :D

• Advertisement

Last beers we were swapping stories and that came up.

Yager it is so!
    :D
    Haha! Um no, I do worse things on that stuff!

Pembily wrote: »
    Haha! Um no, I do worse things on that stuff!

/makes mental note to bring yager and camera

Um, again, NO!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go on Pem! One weeeee tiny Jager won't hurt ya I promise :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go on Pem! One weeeee tiny Jager won't hurt ya I promise :p
    Famous last words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Pembily wrote: »
    Um, again, NO!
    Don't worry pem, I'll join you in the shots ban. Last time I had tequila, I ended up slumped against a lamp post, puking my guys up outside a taxi place. Last time I had whiskey, I don't remember, literally, I remember picking up the glass, and I remember waking up on the couch the next day, the numbers involved in both cases was ONE DRINK. I am a confirmed light weight, I know my limits and not to exceed them :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i've never tried a jager thing

oh, did i say that out loud...? :o

misc_challenge_accepted_drunk_notext.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

i've never tried a jager thing

oh, did i say that out loud...? :o

Not missing anything!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Larianne wrote: »
    Not missing anything!

ah okay cool :)

Advertisement