Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a national database of cinema showtimes ?

Options
  • 03-01-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is in the correct area, but I was wondering,

Is there a national database of Irish cinema showtimes - i.e. an independent body or company that I could get these details from for free or even for a fee ? This info would need to be in digital format and accessible 24/7 for an app/website I'm thinking about creating ?

I could contact each company directly (daily) but that would obviously be very inefficient and I'm also sure that each individual company has their own database, but I would need a central info store. I had though about using the google showtime information but I would imagine that is strictly against their terms of use.

Any ideas ? Pointers ?
    Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

practically every cinema's showtimes are on www.entertainment.ie

not sure if thats what you're looking for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

No there are a few places like that, as a human we can get specifics from at any one time but I'm talking about a national database that is always up to date and accessible by a computer bot (that I would program) - so that I could use this info to create an alternative to entertainment.ie for example ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Entertainment.ie is a close as you are probably going to get. They already have a pretty good app for iPhone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Entertainment.ie is a close as you are probably going to get. They already have a pretty good app for iPhone as well.

And Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

And Android.
    non OS person get him :Dlol

the app i have is cinema times, dunno who does it but it has a lot of cinemas listed,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Actually, OP, check out West World Media as well. That's what powers the cinema times app mentioned above.

http://www.westworldmedia.com/

Advertisement