Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Is there a national database of cinema showtimes ?

• 03-01-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭ davil

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is in the correct area, but I was wondering,

Is there a national database of Irish cinema showtimes - i.e. an independent body or company that I could get these details from for free or even for a fee ? This info would need to be in digital format and accessible 24/7 for an app/website I'm thinking about creating ?

I could contact each company directly (daily) but that would obviously be very inefficient and I'm also sure that each individual company has their own database, but I would need a central info store. I had though about using the google showtime information but I would imagine that is strictly against their terms of use.

Any ideas ? Pointers ?
    Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 30,881 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo

practically every cinema's showtimes are on www.entertainment.ie

not sure if thats what you're looking for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭ davil

No there are a few places like that, as a human we can get specifics from at any one time but I'm talking about a national database that is always up to date and accessible by a computer bot (that I would program) - so that I could use this info to create an alternative to entertainment.ie for example ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sad Professor

Entertainment.ie is a close as you are probably going to get. They already have a pretty good app for iPhone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭ Technocentral

Entertainment.ie is a close as you are probably going to get. They already have a pretty good app for iPhone as well.

And Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 don ramo

And Android.
    non OS person get him :Dlol

the app i have is cinema times, dunno who does it but it has a lot of cinemas listed,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sad Professor

Actually, OP, check out West World Media as well. That's what powers the cinema times app mentioned above.

http://www.westworldmedia.com/

Advertisement