Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Bantry Golf Club

• 02-01-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭ MyStubbleItches

Still looking for a club to join and while most of them are out of my range financially, Bantry looks quite reasonable and is within a half hour drive so I reckon I'd make good use of it. Is anyone a member there? It looks lovely on the website although quite tough by the sound of it.

There seems to be three different type of membership ooptions that I think I might fall into, can anyone tell me what the qualifying criteria are for them?

1. Ordinary single membership - I presume I'd qualify for this - E670

2. Country membership - they don't give details on the site about this but I'm over 50k from the course - E490

3. Beginner - I've never been a member anywhere and have never had an official handicap, would I qualify? - E350 yr. 1, E490 yr. 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 link_2007

I would imagine the qualifying criteria differs from club to club so the easiest thing to do is contact them and ask.

Based on what you have said I would think you'd definitely qualify for one and three. Two would depend on what the distance set by the club is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ peepee

Excellent course and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ Deporhostia

Hi guys

Is anyone a current member here?

I’m thinking of joining, wouldn’t mind a bit of info first from a member

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭ slingerz

Hi guys

Is anyone a current member here?

I’m thinking of joining, wouldn’t mind a bit of info first from a member

Thanks in advance

Not a member but a nice course and a tough track off the back sticks. A bit hilly too if that’s an issue for you. Seems to get softer earlier and for longer than other courses

Advertisement