Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cracked Alloy!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Eims83 wrote: »
    This any better??
    Attachment not found.

Still tiny, but definitely cosmetic. I wouldn't be wasting my money on wheels you don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eims83

Owen wrote: »
    Still tiny, but definitely cosmetic. I wouldn't be wasting my money on wheels you don't need.

Best this piece of crap can do obviously!
    Cheers, thats what I wanted to hear just after christmas, one less cost in january is always good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Definitely not a crack, just some unsightly gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eims83

Definitely not a crack, just some unsightly gouging.

Unsightly gouging I can definitely live with.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

From what I can see from the picture, it looks cosmetic to me too. My wife's car had a good few of similar scrapes when we got it and they've been fine.

If you do want to replace the alloys with steel at any stage, keep an eye on DoneDeal, Adverts, Gumtree, etc. You'll normally get a few people looking to buy alloys and willing to sell their steelies in return. Just make sure the fit is correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Certainly cosmetic damage only, the angle and curve of the damage show that it is from running the alloy along a kerb, not pothole damage.

This won't effect the safety of the wheel itself but you should be careful of the tyres as damage to them normally goes with wheel damage like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

who cares how he cracked it, the point is he wants it fixed. Anyway if ya want that number let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

who cares how he cracked it, the point is he wants it fixed. Anyway if ya want that number let me know.

Read the whole thread.

Anyway, realising how you cracked/damaged a wheel may help you prevent it from happening again.....if he had cracked it at all that is.

Advertisement