Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: Namlub

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Do you regret my association of your username with NAMBLA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Favourite dictator? Mussolini for being a less efficient, more ridiculous fascist dictator than Hitler. That puffing-out, noddy head thing he did during speeches amuses me greatly

Favourite words? Favourite simile? Ethereal, smorgasboard, plethora.
    'The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.'

Have you ever watched Wonder Boys? Watch Wonder Boys. I was goibg to ask if that's the show about a small American boy. Turns out that's Wonder Years...

You have to choose between:
    Mark and Jez Mark. I do the same two-course toast thing as him, we're clearly soulmates
    Dobbie and Sophie I grew to dislike them both, but Dobbie
    John and Edward The left one
    Bourbon and Custard Cream Custard Cream
    Paddington and Yogi Paddington
    Rich Tea and Digestive Digestive, the only sane choice
    Rupert The Bear and Rupert Murdoch Neither really, but the bear is less abhorrent (there's a good word)
    Michael Jackson, the talented kid, and Michael Jackson, the weird not-a-kid-any-more guy In other words, black MJ or white MJ? The less creepy
    Kermit and Elmo Elmo is adorable but Muppets>Sesame Street
    Florence and The Machine The Machine. Who is it? What is it? Why?
    tumblr_l77am7BPhh1qztykio1_500.jpg
    and
    220px-37_Lyndon_Johnson_3x4.jpg
    I'm going to with Johnson.

Go.
    Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Namlub wrote: »
    Togepi wrote: »
    Major respect for your answer to the Roses question, my favourite too. I don't get people who dislike them! Exactly. The orange ones are the real enemy

Ah trés bien!

Est-ce-que vous êtes allée pour faire un séjour, ou avez vous un petit boulot à Cannes? Je voudrais aller en France une journée. :D

(I'm still unsure of how to fit the word 'there' into a sentence instead of just repeating the place name.) :cool: 'Vous y etes alles' ou 'Vous etes alles la', non? Je suis restee dans un college de francais. Tu dois aller, a mon avis un sejour linguistique est un excellent moyen d'ameliorer votre niveau de francais (typical unnatural LC french oral response right there :cool:
    Yvan eht nioj

Je suis très jalouse. :cool: Oui, ce serai génial, je déteste le fait que je ne peux pas parler le français naturellement. Peut être je travaillera là (:P) comme au père à l'avenir.

I love the orange ones! They're my second favourite - totes awkard...

Ooh, question... Amm, est ce que tu as trouvé la voyage en France difficile au début? (Lovin' the fact that I can set the keyboard on my iPod to French, it autocorrects all of the 'fadas'.) :D

*Joins navy*

Do you regret my association of your username with NAMBLA?
    *googles*
    North American Man/Boy Love Association?! Well, I do now...
    hello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Bbz.

Do you have any posters in your bedroom? If yes, please give details.

What do you eat for lunch at school?

As someone who also shares a great love for la France, I find people get really huffy with me sometimes when I tell them Ireland is **** in comparison and that there is no way in hell that I want to live here when I am done studying. Do you too ever get this reaction?

On a scale of 1 to a million, how awesome is Carrefour? The huge ones now.

French boys: Beautiful and irresistible or overrated and ever so pervy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Are you team Jo or team Dermot?

Favourite flavour of BNs?

Do you still have all your Christmas decorations up?

Moles: yes or no? (the facial type or animal type, your choice :P)

Is KCs run by monks or something, or did someone make that story up to make me look stupid? :P

Do you have a Wii?

Togepi wrote: »
    Je suis très jalouse. :cool: Oui, ce serai génial, je déteste le fait que je ne peux pas parler le français naturellement. Peut être je travaillera là (:P) comme au père à l'avenir. Ooh, je voudrais travailler comme au pair aussi bien, mais je suis maladroit avec les enfants. C'est un probleme...

I love the orange ones! They're my second favourite - totes awkard... Traitor :mad:

Ooh, question... Amm, est ce que tu as trouvé la voyage en France difficile au début? (Lovin' the fact that I can set the keyboard on my iPod to French, it autocorrects all of the 'fadas'.) :DJ'etais un petit peu nerveuse avant j'y suis arrivee parce que c'etait la premiere fois que j'ai voyage par moi-meme, mais j'ai fait des amis rapidement et apres ca, ce n'etait pas difficile :)

*Joins navy*
    Buongiorno principessa!

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Bbz. Howiye.

Do you have any posters in your bedroom? If yes, please give details. Yus, I have a Breakfast at Tiffany's one (coz I iz so original) and I got a Paris one for Christmas which I should really put up...

What do you eat for lunch at school? Er, nothing usually. Don't think I've brought a lunch since primary school, I do get Subway sometimes though

As someone who also shares a great love for la France, I find people get really huffy with me sometimes when I tell them Ireland is **** in comparison and that there is no way in hell that I want to live here when I am done studying. Do you too ever get this reaction? Yeh, people
    seemed disappointed when I'd say it's a pretty boring place to live. I did feel extremely Irish over there though, probably because of the red hair and the drinking on a nightly basis. Irish dancing may have occured...

On a scale of 1 to a million, how awesome is Carrefour? The huge ones now. 999,999. I'm deducting one point because their version of Pringles are awful but other than that, it is
    amazing and the site of many of my most ridiculous impulse purchases. Me and a a friend were seriously considering buying a
    Disney Princess colouring book during our school trip...

French boys: Beautiful and irresistible or overrated and ever so pervy? They can be massive creeps, and they're not exactly subtle (getting followed out of tabacs by some guy telling you that he likes your hair is not what you want) but gah they're just so much better looking than Irish boys in general. And the accent <3
    It's levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA

Ally7 wrote: »
    Are you team Jo or team Dermot? I'm ashamed to admit that I barely watch Fair City these days, but definitely team Dermot - Watching Jo try to be all sexy mistress was hideous.

Favourite flavour of BNs? Hazelnut chocolate. It's like BNs with Nutella, AMAZING.

Do you still have all your Christmas decorations up? The tree's still up, all the other decorations have disappeared and I feel bad for not noticing until now...

Moles: yes or no? (the facial type or animal type, your choice :P) Sure they're both great craic.

Is KCs run by monks or something, or did someone make that story up to make me look stupid? :P I'm sure it's called KC and Sons, so if they're monks someone's not been keeping to their vow is chastity :pac:

Do you have a Wii? Yeah, currently going through my usual festive obsession with Mario Kart, before abandoning it for the rest of the year
    PIVOT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Soooo... We accidentally the whole thing, and this thread didn't get locked when it should have. Sorry guys! Next up, DancingQueen! We'll adjust those upcoming dates to account for this.

Thanks Namlub! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement