Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Tactically HR messed up big time on Monday night.
    How many game sahve we played without Parker or Sandro this season and got any sort of a result? I can think of any.

Everton at the Lane in January. 4-4-2 with a 2-0 win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Everton at the Lane in January. 4-4-2 with a 2-0 win :)

Technically 4-4-1-1:p

Technically 4-4-1-1:p

True enough was just pointing out it was Livermore and Modric with Lennon and Bale on the flanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

okay, Im abit surprised by that fact it was everton who are in fact usually very tight and combatative across the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Modric has been poor over the last 5 or 6 games now, no denying that. Wouldnt be looking to sell him or anything but he definitely has hit a poor patch of form compared to his usual standards.

Every season a club in the bottom half of the table beats utd., we have only ever beat them once in the prem, that was a last day victory when they already had won the league and were playing the cup the following weekend.

There is something in the spurs psyche, a softness, a weakness, too many times in every season we get out fought by inferior teams, happens all to regularly. Cant blame it all on Harry, its happened with Ramos, Jol, Hoddle, Francis, unfortunately the culture at the lane is not a winning one, the stigma of being a team without bottle doesnt seem like it will be erased anytime soon.

p.s. I feel sorry for scott parker, i think he is just banjoed at this stage of the season. He simply cannot be expected to do our dirty work for every single game of the season.
    QPR won last night, might give them a confidence boost, might give them a little false sense of security and might not be as desperate for the game when we play them. Going to be a bloody tough game at Loftus road.

Up the spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can't believe we're in this situation. The players and manager should be bloody ashamed of themselves. I find it very difficult to see past Newcastle getting 4th now, purely for the reason that they have momentum. They are in great form with strikers scoring goals for fun. And if they get it I will congratulate them as I didn't think they had a hope.

I think all confidence and belief is gone in the team. Something happened a few weeks ago, be it the Harry to England crap, or something else, but ever since then we've been mostly ****e. I can't see how we're going to go away to QPR, Bolton and Villa and win. It's fortunate that the two home games we have should be straightforward enough, in Fulham and Blackburn. I say should, as the Norwich game should've been straightforward too.

Newcastle have 3 tough games to finish the season, after their next 2 easier games - away to Chelsea, home to City and away to Everton. Chelsea still have to play Arsenal, City & Liverpool away, so I can't see them getting much there.

I'd like to believe we'll need just 10 points to get 4th, but it's difficult to guess how many games Newcastle will win. All that we need to do is match their points total and we're into 4th. Simple eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well were still 4th, although I don’t know how? We need key personal involved in the remaining fixtures. Gallas to lead as captain and Parker to put the boot in like he’s been doing all season.

Modric really needs to shown some decent form, Silva for City went through a quite patch so I suppose it happens. Bale needs to stay out wide, it worked so well all season why change?

Redknapp needs to start managing, he’s pitiful excuses of late have been driving me demented. Why wait so long to change formation or make a substitution if things aren’t going in our favour?

Newcastle have been red hot. Didn’t there chief scout Carr not work for Spurs not so long ago? Jaysus we really could of done with his services.

Quazzie wrote: »
    18376230.jpg

Jog on!!

18386097.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Bale needs to stay out wide, it worked so well all season why change?

cant understand why he palys him central or on the right
    ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane=cock wrote: »
    Bale needs to stay out wide, it worked so well all season why change?

cant understand why he palys him central or on the right
    ????

It's because that is too predictible. Teams will double up on him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mickman wrote: »

I understand why he comes in, but it should be that he stays on the left, and occasionally comes in. Not vice versa.

mickman wrote: »

but that will leave someone else spare!
    two passes and it can be switched to the right to lennon and drag them across the pitch. do that all day and someone will switch off.

thats my thoughts anyway im not a prem manager

I am predicting now that we will finish 5th and win the FA cup

Luca and Harry will then say " ok, no champs league next season but i won a trophy with spurs so now im off to pastures new for the next chapter"

This summer could be the most important for the next 10 years, if what i predict above comes through then we wont be able to attract the big names in players or managers, our cash will be way down so we will be back to fighting for top 8 in the league instead of the top 4.

Its a very worrying time.

I understand where people are coming from when they say that winning the FA cup is great but realistically its nowhere near as important as coming 4th and getting champs league.

we NEED to be in the champs league next season, its imperative for our continued momemtum and upward progress. Failure to get back in next season will kill the momentum and set us back years mentally and financially.

Of course we are well able to win the cup and finish 4th and that will be a great season (even after throwing away the huge lead we had over arsenal).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This could end up being a catastrophic season for us. After all the talk of us being title contenders, we're now out of the cup, and looking like we're going to lose our Champions League spot. Harry gone in the summer, along probably with Modric. Not going to be able to sign any big players if we don't get the CL spot either.

Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Kiith wrote: »
    This could end up being a catastrophic season for us. After all the talk of us being title contenders, we're now out of the cup, and looking like we're going to lose our Champions League spot. Harry gone in the summer, along probably with Modric. Not going to be able to sign any big players if we don't get the CL spot either.

Absolute nightmare.
    Harry and Modric will be no loss on current form
    Hope Ade is sent back to City
    sell VDV,Gallas,Dawson(too injury prone) Gomes, release Ledley

Lads, if you think the we are experiencing the pain now, wait until the next 4-5 league games.

In good ole' typical spurs fashion we will somehow manage to hang on to 4th place or maybe 5th (but within 3 points of 4th) until the last game of the season.

They'll give us false hope and we the supporters will be fooled and drop our gaurd enough to believe in them again. And then just when it seems we cant fail - we will. In comical, farcial circumstances we will be pipped at the post and HR (and the players) will blame lady luck, the groundsman, the canteen lady, the chef, or the linesmans dog when we get undone by a bad decisision, unlucky own goal, offside or whatever.

Mark my words, we have been here before and we know whats coming!

Kiith wrote: »

Absolute nightmare.

To be fair, even if we did finish 4th because of the downhill momentuem and uncertainty of HR who we would we sign that would be decent?

We were in the CL before and we thought it would open up a whole new market of players but that never materialised.

indiewindy wrote: »

:confused:

we will be left with no team?

• Advertisement

we must get 4th.

anything else is a failure of a season.

harry must earn his wages now and rally the troops.

even 4th is an achievement at this stage.

COME ON YOU SPURS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

:confused:

we will be left with no team?

We would replace them of course
    A good starting point would be to poach Newcastles French scout
    We need more winners like Scott Parker

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

we had our chance in jan to nail down CL qualification by bringing in some decent players,samba,cahill,klasnic maybe even cisse before newcastle got him.instead we get nelson and saha.....says it all really

getting rid of our most influential and flair players and playmakers for more battlers???

totally disagree.

i like parker i really do but you call him a winner. what has he actually ever won?? (genuine question im not being smart)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

getting rid of our most influential and flair players and playmakers for more battlers???

totally disagree.

i like parker i really do but you call him a winner. what has he actually ever won?? (genuine question im not being smart)

it was mentioned in ITV's commentary the amount of medals won between the 2 sides today,i think they said that terry and cole have won more than the whole spurs team combined and that shows another real weakness in the current side......we have no real winners.

totally disagree.

it was mentioned in ITV's commentary the amount of medals won between the 2 sides today,i think they said that terry and cole have won more than the whole spurs team combined and that shows another real weakness in the current side......we have no real winners.

It was something like spurs have 8 medals and those were with gallas and cudicini from the Chelsea days !!

Why would you want VDV sold, he's accounted for a number of goals this season, we'd be far worse off without him.

I would agree with selling Modric, City would gladly pay over the odds for him as would Chelski. It pains me to say that Ledley's days are at an end tragically. If Barca come knocking for Bale, then you can't blame the lad for bailing. Ade see ya.

I’ve been positive throughout the season, but for the life of me I can’t see where the next win is going to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think we're all feeling a little low today. I'm actually not too upset by yesterdays result tbh, even though I can't explain why. Maybe I've become a little numb thanks to our ongoing slump. Obviously not making the CL this season has massive implications for next season, but for quite a few seasons after that as well because no matter how well the team is playing coming into the last 3rd of the season, everyone will just expect Spurs to bottle it - fans, opposing fans and maybe even the players.

We must win our next game. If we don't beat QPR, and just as importantly put in a decent performance, with players like Bale and Modric showing what they're made of, we're done. I'd imagine QPR & Bolton must be thinking that Spurs should be there for the taking and could realistically be looking at the team as 3 points towards safety. It all depends on how the lads respond to yesterdays result.

I wasn't bothered with the loss either, OPR game is on ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Why would you want VDV sold, he's accounted for a number of goals this season, we'd be far worse off without him.

I would agree with selling Modric, City would gladly pay over the odds for him as would Chelski. It pains me to say that Ledley's days are at an end tragically. If Barca come knocking for Bale, then you can't blame the lad for bailing. Ade see ya.

I’ve been positive throughout the season, but for the life of me I can’t see where the next win is going to come?

Totally agree with Sugarlumps. Vdv is class and we would be far worse off without him. I have said it many times before that we should have taken the 40m on offer last season for the little girl from Croatia and now we should take whatever they put on the table for him. I would love Bale to stay but if any of the big European clubs come for him then good luck to him.
    I thought we had turned the corner after the Swansea result but that now looks like another false dawn. Poor v Norwich, very poor yesterday for the last 20 mins. We have a lot of players heading off to the Euros who may not want to risk injury over the last 4 games ( yes Modric I am looking at you- ). Harry will need his motivational powers to be at their best over the last few weeks.

I wish this season could finish today as I would take finishing 4th even if it is behind Arsenal.

Advertisement