Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gaybo does it again. Is there no stopping dinosaur windbag?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anan1 wrote: »
    Lucky you.:) Aviva give a discount for 0 points, so there's an effective loading for any points.It was a rhetorical question, which makes the above just this side of a lie.I'm with Aviva, i'm not a novice driver, and I can assure you that even one PP will affect my premium.

A benefit of getting old maybe! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

draffodx wrote: »
    A benefit of getting old maybe! :o
    Nah, it's just that Aviva are sensitive to points. Were I with any other ins co I wouldn't have to worry about the first couple at least, but nobody else gives a 30% discount for the IAM license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Tragedy wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75478145&postcount=2363
    That's either the second or third time I've caught you lying and when challenging you on it, had you ignore proof/evidence and just stop responding. So when you go through that one I'll PM you the other times you've gone quiet when called out on your lies, and you can go deal with them too :)

Why would I spend time proving you wrong in this thread when you consistently refuse to accept that you're wrong when proven wrong - instead ignoring the posts, disappearing from the thread and then slinking back in a while later to get back up to your old tricks?

I didn't say that, so here's yet another example of you lying :)

I might be cantankerous, I might have strong views, and I definitely post TL;DR posts when I catch people lying and talking nonsense - but I engage constructively(usually) with posters, am not afraid to be proven wrong(and have been quite a bit).

You on the other hand, as most users on this forum can attest to, have a fixed opinion that you will not deviate from. Any proof or evidence that runs contrary to this evidence is always unacknowledged and I have never once seen you admit to being wrong or changing your opinion/viewpoint even slightly. You're here purely to force your viewpoint on others and ignore absolutely anything that runs contrary to that.

As for mods, if this is o/t etc do feel free to snip - but Iwannahurl quoted and responded to my post and the fact he's still allowed to get up to his old antics has led to this.

Your accusations of lying are well out of order.

The post you link to in the Speed Camera thread goes back to mid-November. I have no intention of bumping it, but if you do I will consider my response to any significant points in it.

You can believe all you like about proving me or any other poster wrong. I'm certainly not claiming infallibility, but what matters in regard to these issues is evidence, and when the evidence requires it I change my opinion.

TTBOMK you have posted no evidence that warrants taking a significantly different view of any of the major issues that I have debated.

As I mentioned already, this is yet another RSA/Gaybo-bashing thread, a regular favourite in the Motors forum.

You have stated that the RSA "jumps in" to take credit when anomalously low fatality figures are reported. You have yet to substantiate that claim, and your bluff and bluster not only fails to conceal that fact, it actually underlines it. AFAIAC it's clear who's the mendacious spoofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread closed because it's turned into petty point-scoring instead of reasonable and civil debate.

@all - please be aware, that it is not ok to call people liars, and even if you believe someone to be wrong (or even misleading), there are better choices of words available that won't raise the hackles as much (spoofer isn't much better).
    Also, if you report a post, please allow a Moderator to deal with it rather than taking up the issue yourself on-thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement