Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences involving girls and alcohol.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

a5y wrote: »
    Yeah. Just rough on the local A&E, but that doesn't come out of anyone's wallet, right?

Methinks you are watching too much TV.

Lots of people capable of handling a few doubles, without having a trip to A&E. Also, I think those who use A&E have to pay anyway (but you are clearly more 'in the know' based on your last post).

Still think it's all a laugh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Methinks you are watching too much TV.

Lots of people capable of handling a few doubles, without having a trip to A&E. Also, I think those who use A&E have to pay anyway (but you are clearly more 'in the know' based on your last post).

Go away and stop trolling.

Still think it's all a laugh.....

If you have an issue with a post,report it.

Accusations of trolling and back seat modding,both of which you are doing above,are frowned upon across boards so cut it out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Villette wrote: »
    I think it's dangerous for health officials to say that rohypnol, and therefore spiking, is never seen in Ireland as it could really put girls off being tested if they suspect spiking...I know a lot of girls do tend to throw around the term instead of taking responsibility for their drinking, but saying that spiking doesn't exist won't encouage people to drink more sensibly.

But spiking hasn't been proven to exist. Isn't it odd that people often say their beer/mixer/cocktail was spiked, but never that their Diet Coke was?

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I have been in a situation like this, though not as serious as some stated before. I was out with a few friends, and a girl I liked very much, both as a friend and in that way.

However, I had never been out with her before, and she got particularly drunk that night. Suffice to say, she was making passes at me constantly, with made me rather angry, because (a) I have a thing where drunk girls are rendered almost immediately unattractive (as unattractive as I assume I am after one too many:)) and (b) she had never really shown any interest in me before, and thought it was just drink making her so, which hurt my feelings a bit.

She asked me to take her home, in that damsel in distress way drunk women do very well, and because I cared about her, agreed to see her home. We got in the door, and she started undressing! I put her to bed, and left rather annoyed and angry.

The next day though she came to me and apologised completely, and told me that she genuinely liked me- drink made her less shy and able to express herself, but it also made her a bit crazy. She also thanked me for respecting her, even when she wasn't being that respectful back. And we eventually got together.

The lesson was, I can imagine how even more frustrating this would've been if it was someone I didn't know, and also understand anyone wanting to avoid getting into this situation. However, I like the idea that, if I was ever that screwed up on a night out, through my own fault or someone else's, that somebody was looking out for me. I have been in that way once or twice, and the people around were nice enough to take care of me (even to take off my shoes!:)). Sometimes there is a bit of, or a lot of, trouble involved, but it's a good thing to be watching out for other people around you, even in a little way. The stories posted here make it hard to have that outlook, admittedly.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

awec wrote: »
    Some lucky gits out there I tell you.

Bringing the girl home and then she tracks you down the next day to express her true feelings? Could put that into a nice novel!

Believe me, I was shocked. But it was a welcome surprise- mainly because I'm the type that would never have told her mine, but rather have let them fester bitterly for all eternity. It really takes a some sort of huge debacle for me to get anywhere in life, I'm slowly finding out.

And unfortunately the novel's ending isn't so great, so I don't think it'll be challenging P.S I Love You anytime soon.

Advertisement