Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare grips for colt 1911 A1 by KWC

Options
  • 28-12-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Hi,

new to airsoft and just picked up a colt 1911 A1 co2 pistol by kwc. I like the gun- all metal, but the brown grips are plastic and feel very cheap. I see these grips are secured on with 2 screws, question is, can I upgrade these grips to something nicer, maybe made of rubber, so it's more comfortable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Me and NakedDex always had a grand plan of making custom 1911's.

Ehobby Asia had a pretty decent supply of 1911 grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

TheDoc wrote: »
    Me and NakedDex always had a grand plan of making custom 1911's.

Ehobby Asia had a pretty decent supply of 1911 grips.

nice one Doc.

I 'm looking at there grips:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/grips-handguard/pistol/d-boys-real-wood-pistol-grip-cover-for-m1911-series.html

says they are suitable for M1911/M.E.U Series airsoft pistol...so they should fit ok, or do the various 1911 airsofr replicas differ ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rico_98

Ah yes u r talking about the 100 th anniversery 1911 ... I hav the same gun and tought the same thing airsoft - club shud hav some !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just remember that some modification will be required due to the bevel in the frame of the pistol to allow the Co2 magazine to fit

Advertisement