Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

spare grips for colt 1911 A1 by KWC

• 28-12-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ cojomo2

Hi,

new to airsoft and just picked up a colt 1911 A1 co2 pistol by kwc. I like the gun- all metal, but the brown grips are plastic and feel very cheap. I see these grips are secured on with 2 screws, question is, can I upgrade these grips to something nicer, maybe made of rubber, so it's more comfortable?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,086 ✭✭✭✭ TheDoc

Me and NakedDex always had a grand plan of making custom 1911's.

Ehobby Asia had a pretty decent supply of 1911 grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ cojomo2

TheDoc wrote: »
    Me and NakedDex always had a grand plan of making custom 1911's.

Ehobby Asia had a pretty decent supply of 1911 grips.

nice one Doc.

I 'm looking at there grips:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/grips-handguard/pistol/d-boys-real-wood-pistol-grip-cover-for-m1911-series.html

says they are suitable for M1911/M.E.U Series airsoft pistol...so they should fit ok, or do the various 1911 airsofr replicas differ ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭✭ Rico_98

Ah yes u r talking about the 100 th anniversery 1911 ... I hav the same gun and tought the same thing airsoft - club shud hav some !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari

Just remember that some modification will be required due to the bevel in the frame of the pistol to allow the Co2 magazine to fit

Advertisement