Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering first time. Preparations?

Options
  • 26-12-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm considering having sex with my boyfriend for the first time(ever). What can I do to prepare? Will it hurt/will there be blood. Should I try using toys first to get used to it? will he be put off by hair? Thanks very much.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The only thing you can do to prepare is relax. Whether it hurts or not is really dependent on the person, same with the blood - some people tear their hymen without even realising at a young age. He won't care about the hair, once he gets you to that stage of undress he's not going to be worrying about things like that.

You could use toys to help you feel more relaxed when you're with him, it's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tdaly

Thanks very much, I might try masturbation to ease myself into it. It's his first time too so he might be as nervous as me. How long does sex usually last the first time. Should I do some fore-play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There is no particular time it lasts any time or the first time. You should definitely do foreplay as it gets both of you excited and ready for sex/penetration and lubricates you for it. And it's fun! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

jump leads, Car battary, Handcuffs

it will be a night he'll never forget....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just relax and have fun, dont get hung up on the dos and donts, do whats comfortable, you'll both be nervous, getting stressed over things wont help either of you. truth be told the first time is never that amazing for most people, it does get better though, much, much better the more you do it and more relaxed you are, like anything in life, practice makes perfect.

oh and be safe!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Can't see this going well. Agent Smith please think before posting. OP try the Relationships Issues forum for this kind of thing. Closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement