Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever got a girl through boards?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Got a girl what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Yup, needed a new bed after.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

--LOS-- wrote: »
    maybe because they weren't intentionally looking for someone!! Which I'd imagine is more often the case on here tbh.

Exactly. There are dating websites for looking for dates intentionally. Theres an ignorance there for people that assume those who have met someone that through boards originally set out to do so.

Setting all that aside, if you even attend a boards beers- you meet some sound, lovely people and yet theres even a stigma attached to that, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

this is true Rig. I knew I meant to say something like such a thing.

but anyway what I assumed she was referring to there was saying she gets enough guys approaching her in real life that she wouldn't have to (do something as desperate as to) go online looking for a guy, like on purpose. but then I could've picked that up wrong.

I was implying that in a sarcastic joking kind of way. Basically a play on those typical young girls who think they're absolutely deadly and can get any lad they ever wanted to just by wearing skimpy clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

The numbers are still too high though, poll running at about 22% of men have met a girl through boards.

Unless 22% of posters all went to a boards meet, and got lucky it seems unlikely. If so it means that boards is a good hunting ground for women - the ratio is about 40-60, right? So 50% of women scored at some stage. ( The poll here only asks about men meeting women). And there are no actual stories about how people met and when.

I've never met anybody ( knowingly) from boards. i do live in England though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Nope....

But faith and abi sound hot.... :D

which prob means they are taken :mad:

oh well. There is always pam.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Not boards no, despite a few actually nice pms (minus one jerk who's about 15 yrs older than me, with kids and asked for pictures).

Any of you know that awful Facebook/bebo app Frendzii?

Met my fella on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yahew wrote: »
    The numbers are still too high though, poll running at about 22% of men have met a girl through boards.

Unless 22% of posters all went to a boards meet, and got lucky it seems unlikely. If so it means that boards is a good hunting ground for women - the ratio is about 40-60, right? So 50% of women scored at some stage. ( The poll here only asks about men meeting women). And there are no actual stories about how people met and when.

I've never met anybody ( knowingly) from boards. i do live in England though.

Unless perhaps you think that the statistics are somewhat skewed, since perhaps those who have are more likely to have voted in the first place. I have neither met a girl through Boards nor voted in the poll. I suspect I'm not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I presume that women who scored boardsies are merely substituting 'girl' for 'man' as per the poll, I'm not sure that the poll would have a 100% male response at all.

As the above poster said, this is a self selective polls. In a self selective poll, one may be more likely to answer the poll if the answer is affirmative or has an interesting story behind it.

And if women are answering the poll, that means that their yes is being double counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

or people lie in anonymous polls. We haven't had a story yet. Just stuff like "yeah, two girls".

I know people have met but 22%?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Nope....

But faith and abi sound hot.... :D

which prob means they are taken :mad:

oh well. There is always pam.:P

Batin' them off with a shytey stick lad :pac:
    or people lie in anonymous polls. We haven't had a story yet. Just stuff like "yeah, two girls".

Or they're just directed at men.

I've voted 'no' because it asked if I picked up a chick. I answered honestly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I explained it here previously

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71354714&postcount=188

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Surely there are obvious reasons why there are not many stories? Don't shít where you eat etc.

Anyway, as is said above that 22% is skewed for numerous reasons including girls voting as well as this being a self selective poll. The people that vote are more likely to have a positive answer. This poll is not going to be a true measure of how many Boards users have "got a girl".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Abi wrote: »
    Exactly. There are dating websites for looking for dates intentionally. Theres an ignorance there for people that assume those who have met someone that through boards originally set out to do so.

Setting all that aside, if you even attend a boards beers- you meet some sound, lovely people and yet theres even a stigma attached to that, ridiculous.

yep there's even that instant association with internet dating in the OP....

karaokeman wrote: »
    Proper answers, like meeting face-to-face.

I'll be honest I haven't as I don't care too much for internet dating:pac:.

Advertisement