Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxi

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Great to see Maxi will be back on Radio 1 at 5.15 pm , tomorrow christmas eve . Im up before 6 monday to friday and it was always a pleasure to ease into the day , having the breakfast and listening to Maxi . She has been sorely missed . So Maxi, great to hear you on the air again, and a merry christmas !!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Missed is an understatement as far as I am concerned!
    I just can't warm to that Shay guy in the mornings.
    His interaction with an audibly uncomfortable Omma MocNomora puts Alan Partridge in the ha'penny place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yes I'm a fan of Maxi myself, it's great to see her make a return to radio. Would I be right in saying that she's been ill recently? Hope everything is fine with her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Seems to be a nice lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Radio 2 DJ ? Is it 1979 again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

She's a lady with a warm,generous heart.I enjoyed her on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Ah Maxi, the "DJ" who said towards the end of 1988 about Roy Orbison "What a great year he's had!"

Yep. Apart from dying, he had numerous hits.

Maxi is another of these RTE institutions, where someone has decided she's indispensable and the audience must be subjected to her for as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gophur wrote: »
    Ah Maxi, the "DJ" who said towards the end of 1988 about Roy Orbison "What a great year he's had!"

Yep. Apart from dying, he had numerous hits.

That kind of sums up Maxi - she did a good show today but then managed to get the timings wrong and crash the news at one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

Infoanon wrote: »
    That kind of sums up Maxi - she did a good show today but then managed to get the timings wrong and crash the news at one.....

A regular feature of Maxi in the morning was the pips sadly sounding away in the middle of an ad as seven o'clock came and went.Mind you, Shay seems to do it as well.

Crashing the pips is a mortal sin on BBC.

Does Shay deserve his own topic? He sounds awfully uncomfortable with the roadwatch and sports people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cml387 wrote: »
    A regular feature of Maxi in the morning was the pips sadly sounding away in the middle of an ad as seven o'clock came and went.Mind you, Shay seems to do it as well.

Crashing the pips is a mortal sin on BBC.

Does Shay deserve his own topic? He sounds awfully uncomfortable with the roadwatch and sports people.
    Regarding your point about Shay, its definitely the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Regarding your point about Shay, its definitely the other way around.

You think?

He seems to have finger trouble a lot when switching feeds.Are people left talking to nowhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rick654

Oh no! She's back on today. The worst presenter on RTE. SO irritating. Def not up to the standard for national radio, perhaps ok for a small local station. She is obviously well in with some decision maker within RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

While i would recognise Maxi's service over the years to rte radio I cannot see the sense in bringing her back for the christmas period. At almost 62 years of age Maxi has had a long media career for the state broadcaster but is not the off peak period that christmas provides, the perfect opportunity to give other broadcasters the chance at national radio? I realise maxi is a household name and would resonate with a certain demographic however, how are listeners meant to develop a relationship with new names on air if they arent given the chance. There is far far too much dead wood in montrose across both radio 1 and 2fm, there really needs to be a filleting of the on air talent. There is plenty of talent in the country that would jump at the chance to cover holidays such as christmas without needing to fall back on the 'old' reliables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I like Maxi, I'd rather Maxi, than Mooney or Murray anytime ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Her musical tastes wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I rather like her voice and personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Maxi is back! Again! :D

Tomorrow evening on RTE Radio 1, 5.15 to 7.00pm - Maxi's Driving Home For Christmas.

May contain Chris Rea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Maxi is back! Again! :D

Tomorrow evening on RTE Radio 1, 5.15 to 7.00pm - Maxi's Driving Home For Christmas.

May contain Chris Rea :)

More worryingly may contain Maxi. Time for her to make way for fresh, younger talent . . . like Ronan Collins!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Very soothing voice. As a long distance commuter it was nice waking up to Maxi

I miss Maxi on 'Risin' Time' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭bureau2009

The John Murray show this morning was a tribute to Maxi on the occasion of her retirement from RTE.

She's had a long career in showbusiness going back to the late sixties with Maxi, Dick and Twink.

• Advertisement

bureau2009 wrote: »
    The John Murray show this morning was a tribute to Maxi on the occasion of her retirement from RTE.

She's had a long career in showbusiness going back to the late sixties with Maxi, Dick and Twink.

Ronan Collins played 'Horoscopes' by Sheeba today for her birthday!

Happy Birthday, Maxi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Am i missing something here, but i thought she retired around 5 years ago when she quit the radio 1 early morning slot? She hasnt done radio since, except on christmas eves..

Am i missing something here, but i thought she retired around 5 years ago when she quit the radio 1 early morning slot? She hasnt done radio since, except on christmas eves..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ronan Collins played 'Horoscopes' by Sheeba today for her birthday!

Happy Birthday, Maxi :)

Who was the 3rd one in Sheeba apart from her and Marion Fossett?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Sometimes people like to do things more than once.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Who was the 3rd one in Sheeba apart from her and Marion Fossett?

Frances Campbell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

efb wrote: »

That's really catchy! I guess now is not the time to point out that Maxi and I share a star sign... Go Pisces!

Advertisement