Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do that you feel are normal/logical but others view as weird

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

The volume on the tv must be a multiple of 5.
    was going out with someone who used to do this. It started with the tv, it had to be on an even number and it slowly extended to every other appliance with a dial. It stopped being cute and quirky after a couple of weeks when it became evident the woman had some other serious issues. and it was my tv.

(I started wondering what would happen if I didn't adjust the dial and imagined her head exploding and then expecting her to reach for the kitchen devil. I stopped feeling safe watching tv.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Kanoe wrote: »
    was going out with someone who used to do this. It started with the tv, it had to be on an even number and it slowly extended to every other appliance with a dial. It stopped being cute and quirky after a couple of weeks when it became evident the woman had some other serious issues. and it was my tv.

(I started wondering what would happen if I didn't adjust the dial and imagined her head exploding and then expecting her to reach for the kitchen devil. I stopped feeling safe watching tv.)

One day I was looking through my flatmate's DVDs, pulling them out to see what they were about and putting them back wherever they'd fit. I was talking to him at the same time until I noticed he was a bit distracted and just staring at what I was doing. I realised then that he'd arranged them all alphabetically and was freaking at the "chaos" that was unfolding. I thought that was a bit f@cking unusual...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    One day I was looking through my flatmate's DVDs, pulling them out to see what they were about and putting them back wherever they'd fit. I was talking to him at the same time until I noticed he was a bit distracted and just staring at what I was doing. I realised then that he'd arranged them all alphabetically and was freaking at the "chaos" that was unfolding. I thought that was a bit f@cking unusual...

Thats not unusal at all, I would have killed you, My mother did the same to my books which were in alphabetical order for authours, Nearly cried when I saw them:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I've to read every post. Even the quoted sections.
    and i'm on AH....a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

It's not really weird though, just more efficient than most.
    It's like an ultra effective diary :)

But its not. He's DOUBLING the weight he has to carry. Why cant he just split the normal amount of shopping into two bags? The negitives far outWEIGH the positives in this case:D

Domo230 wrote: »
    I think getting a mortgage is madness. When I tell people I would rather rent and save for a house rather than get a mortgage they think it's mad. In fact I think 99 percent of the time getting a loan for any reason is mad when you have the option to save for what you want.

But how can you pay rent AND save at the same time? Either you're getting paid a fortune or you're renting a tent!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

When I did rent it was €400 per month. It had a bed,kitchen, all the essentials and was reasonably close to town.

I was able to afford this and enough to take care of myself by working a part time job running a market stall during college.

Put aside €350 a week, €100 a week for rent and €250 for savings and after about 7 years you will have enough for an apartment in Dublin.(You can find cheaper outside of Dublin

Maybe it doesn't apply to everybody as I live ridiculously cheap (not intentionally, just turns out I like cheap activities). Don't really drink, like to source and prepare my own food, watch tv shows/films online, enjoy reading books from the library, play sports. Also I cycle most places and only take the bus to work. .

Lucky you. When I graduated from college, I earned E290 per week. This was in 2002. At the height of the boom, I earned E400 per week for about 8 months. Now I'm on the scratcher. Any spare cash I have at the end of the month is better going towards something I will eventually own rather than going into a landlords pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

When I did rent it was €400 per month. It had a bed,kitchen, all the essentials and was reasonably close to town.

I was able to afford this and enough to take care of myself by working a part time job running a market stall during college.

Put aside €350 a week, €100 a week for rent and €250 for savings and after about 7 years you will have enough for an apartment in Dublin.(You can find cheaper outside of Dublin

Maybe it doesn't apply to everybody as I live ridiculously cheap (not intentionally, just turns out I like cheap activities). Don't really drink, like to source and prepare my own food, watch tv shows/films online, enjoy reading books from the library, play sports. Also I cycle most places and only take the bus to work. .

Sir, you are a genius .... would you like to lead us into the year 2012 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

The light switches all have to go the same way, all delph, random items, flooring etc has to be in a pattern or i get twitchy. I dont mind juxtapositional stuff, so long as its patterned in its juxtaposition.

Glasses on beermats have to be dead centre.

I'm pattern fixated :/

Also i have to wash my hands 3 times everytime.

Advertisement