Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question For Smokers......Why Don't You Have A Light?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I don't smoke; but this makes no sense to me. I regularly get asked by people 'for a light'. Today - two different people, at different times of the day, asked me for a light.

If you smoke.....why do you not have a lighter? Are they expensive? Is there something I'm missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Robdude wrote: »
    I don't smoke; but this makes no sense to me. I regularly get asked by people 'for a light'. Today - two different people, at different times of the day, asked me for a light.

If you smoke.....why do you not have a lighter? Are they expensive? Is there something I'm missing here?

Ya, a lighter obviously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

beause if you take a lighter out with you, alot of the time you give it to someone to light their cigarette and dont get it back because you're too drunk to remember
    so people just dont bother taking them out

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you good looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Its all about playing the game, Dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

A lighter :D

Edit: Fedor.2 in before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Great conversation starter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

A lighter :D

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

biko wrote: »
    Are you good looking?

I'm nothing special; and it's always men asking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Have you got a purdy mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

... How could I not post in this thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

I'd stay away from the exit of the George then.
    If you excuse the phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

I smoke and I always have a lighter so yeah I think you might be missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

LighterGuy wrote: »
    ... How could I not post in this thread :pac:

If MatchesGuy got here first?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

biko wrote: »
    Are you good looking?

Yeah OP, they may be looking for a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

The flint can go.

The gas can run out.

You might leave it at home, in your car, or at your desk in work.

Could you not have at least guessed along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Lighters are like socks, they always disappear somewhere for a little party and never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Lighters don't last for ever. Also there's a lot of social smokers out there. Then there's the players who want to chat people up. Then there's the nutjobs:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Kiera wrote: »
    Have you got a purdy mouth?

ROFL. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

In the 80s only posh people had lighters.
    It was more common back then to be asked
    "Gotta match?"
    to which you were expected to reply
    "Your face and my arse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Ahem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

people perhaps are not buying decent lighters and forget matches were once the reining champions of fire.
    mum is a cheapskate and gets those seriously dodgy cheap lighters that barely light once before knackering,and when she is at home she lights her fags [with them in her mouth none the less] on the flame from the gas cooker hob,or she lights it using a rolled up piece of newspaper/rubbish on the gas fire,luckily she doesnt stick her head into that with her fag as well.

if are fed up with being asked for lighters,just say havent got one and have heard chewing on fags is all the rage these days [ps.that is not a homosexual reference].

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Lighters waste, get lost or are forgotten.

/endofthread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Smoking effects the brain and the memory,
    either you go out and forget it or some other smoker forgot theirs and stole yours :D

Whenever I get home from a night out I either have a different lighter to the one I went out with, or possibly 2 or 3 of them

Or have none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Lighters have to be one of the easiest things to lose or misplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm constantly losing lighters. The times I most need a smoke are often the times I can't find any lighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do you look anything like this guy?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

That is what I miss about smoking, the social habit, Hi have you got a lite, "do you come here often"

The smoking section is the best shifting area out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

They may have genuinely not had a lighter on them or they may have been raging homosexuals - in a mixed up crazy world like this, who can tell anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

They may have genuinely not had a lighter on them or they may have been raging homosexuals - in a mixed up crazy world like this, who can tell anymore?

Well, if you wake up with no trousers and a slight pain, and the last thing you remember is reaching for a lighter. I think you know :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement