Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Benefit From a Euro Collapse/Hyper Inflation?

Options
2»

Comments

pmcmahon wrote: »
    won't happen.
    Might happen, nothing is certain.

My guess is there is a 20% chance of at least one country dropping or being thrown out over the Xmas/new year period.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    also buy lots of chocolate,it appreciates hugely during depressions. (i.e Germany)
    If the women are stuffing themselves with chocolate, then they'll be less inclined to want sex.

So the depression will be more on the men!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Invest all your money in inflatable hammers with Euro 2012 coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

The Euro won't fail. Germany experienced a lot of this after WW2. They'll do every thing in their power not to let the Euro fail. They are just mickying around to instill some fear in people and nations to push some agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Buy gold, sell gold at "cash for gold", buy more gold, sell gold at "cash for gold", repeat till bored.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Might happen, nothing is certain.

My guess is there is a 20% chance of at least one country dropping or being thrown out over the Xmas/new year period.

It again comes down to Greece,If there's a Country to get thrown out it'll be the greeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Robdude wrote: »
    How To Benefit From a Euro Collapse/Hyper Inflation?
    I'm investing in wheelbarrows for carrying the paper money.

http://education.wallstreetsurvivor.com/images_articles/wheelbarrow_cash_weimar_germany.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

ilovesleep wrote: »
    But would the same not happen in your wages.
    So say you took home 400 euro a week. The euro collapses and 1 euro = 2 punt nua. So you you'd be taking home 800 punt nua.

yep, but everything else would go up, for example in 1993 when Ireland had to devalue its currency in the ERM mortgage interest rates went from 10.95 to 13.95% in the space of a month, considering a .25% increase in rates causes an average of €12 a month increase in mortgage payments an increase like this would be €144 a month (or 288 in punt nua assuming it was 2 for 1). with the hue and cry about knocking €10 a month from kiddie allowance can you imagine what this would cause?

Advertisement