Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for part time work

Options
  • 20-12-2011 4:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some part time work and have my eye on some door to door sales. One of the reasons for me doing this is apart from the extra income is to get some experience in another role. I currently work as a technican and am getting a bit fed up of the role. Has anyone on this forum tried door to door or are they currently in a similar position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭lau1247

not sure if you have looked through some of the post.. a lot of people complaint that door to door sales are 'soul destroying'..

they hate the environment and the hard sale.. if this is something you think you like, probably best try it out while keeping your current job for backup before you jump ship

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I agree with you I will not be given up my current role as its not a bad job but I want to be able to gain experience in another field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Door to door sales is great sales experience. But it is tough and there are easier sales jobs.
    Sales managers respect people with that sort of experience though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

OP , read this thread...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I worked out the amount of tax I would have to pay if I earned an extra 10000 gross per year and it is 3500 is this correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,802 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

T Corolla wrote: »
    I worked out the amount of tax I would have to pay if I earned an extra 10000 gross per year and it is 3500 is this correct

We can't tell, it totally depends on how much you're earning already and what tax credits you have. But if you're learning above 35k, it could be more than 4100 extra on 10k, when you include PRSI and USC.

Advertisement