Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending too much time on internet

Options
  • 18-12-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Lately I reckon I have been spending far too much of my time browsing the internet. I'm on the internet on my phone while travelling to work, during the day when not busy or on a break and then on it for a few hours most evenings and weekends.

In the new year I am going to reduce the amount of time I spend/waste on the internet but was wondering how much time everyone else spends browsing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Bout 3 fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I spend hours every day on my laptop. It's hard to imagine life without it...what did I do before? I never spent as much time on the PC as I do on my laptop .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Lately I reckon I have been spending far too much of my time browsing the internet. I'm on the internet on my phone while travelling to work, during the day when not busy or on a break and then on it for a few hours most evenings and weekends.

In the new year I am going to reduce the amount of time I spend/waste on the internet but was wondering how much time everyone else spends browsing.

I would agree. I am going to try to do the same myself. But, because a PC is now a converged Home Entertainment system it's hard not to.

For example, my home PC is a PC; a Hi-Fi; a Video Editing Suite; and a mini-Office amongst others.

Sign of the times I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 spunghead

hours!very addictive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im on the interent from the moment I wake up, till the moment I sleep. True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Im on the interent from the moment I wake up, till the moment I sleep. True story.

i'm on it while i'm sleeping too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I'd like to buy the rights to that story. I'll give you €100,000 right now (or £78,000 if you prefer to wait until the new year).

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Don't worry. It's the natural progression. Evolution at it's finest. It might seem strange, but we are slowly turning into machines. Just go with the flow.

This is the way of the world, thanks be to world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Don't worry. It's the natural progression. Evolution at it's finest. It might seem strange, but we are slowly turning into machines. Just go with the flow.

This is the way of the world, thanks be to world.

you are never off the bloody internet! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

i surf on my phone whenever I've a free moment, it's just something I do absent mindedly at this stage

i'm on it while i'm sleeping too :cool:

Thats when I run my downloads and virus scans :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

You guys come to the loo with me :)

Thats when I run my downloads and virus scans :pac:

pffft amateur. I do that while i'm eating / showering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

When you figure out how to do that let me know, because I need help.

pffft amateur. I do that while i'm eating / showering

I eat at the pc. And my room is an en-suite so I leave the bathroom door open and look at a webcam when I shower. . . . .

I eat at the pc. And my room is an en-suite so I leave the bathroom door open and look at a webcam when I shower. . . . .

I have no job

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Are you questioning me?? lol :pac:

Ya i love me internet. Internet for breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner/tae/supper/tea/midnight snack/sleep/ shower...

I cant live without it.
    But while im always on the internet im less on bookface which is a great achievement. For 2012 Q3 i aim to only go on FB once a week(personal account) and twice a day using my business account to update ppl. :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Cian A wrote: »
    When you figure out how to do that let me know, because I need help.

I am going to try and limit myself to an hour in the evening at most on it.

I have no job

:cool:

You win this round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

So in order to tackle this problem . . . .you make a thread on an internet forum?

And why wait til the new year? If you want to reduce it, why not do it now?

Same as fat people saying they'll lose weight in ''the new year'' while downing pints on new years eve. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dotrel wrote: »
    I'll give you €100,000 right now (or £78,000 if you prefer to wait until the new year).

You think we're going out at the rate we came in? :eek:

Oh dear. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Why? bar your cock is hanging off.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

So in order to tackle this problem . . . .you make a thread on an internet forum?

And why wait til the new year? If you want to reduce it, why not do it now?

Same as fat people saying they'll lose weight in ''the new year'' while downing pints on new years eve. :rolleyes:

You don't make any new year's resolutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

You don't make any new year's resolutions?

If I want to do something, I do it, no need to wait til I get a new calender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Also same boat - on the internet constantly at work or if im at home with nothing to do. Also if im on a bus I'll look at the internet.

My quality of life improves tenfolds when im banned from ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I think you are asking in the wrong place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Why fight it?

Become a web/software developer or system admin or whatever else. Then you'll go to work and spend all day on the internet :)

Robdude wrote: »
    Why fight it?

Become a web/software developer or system admin or whatever else. Then you'll go to work and spend all day on the internet :)

hardly the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

hardly the same thing.

here here.

It could be there like myself and no longer have a life. why follow something you hate.

Im told i should go into computers and all that stuff but i refuse to. Its only a hobbie not a career

Advertisement