Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Appreciation Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

European tour announced, no Irish date. I wonder is this going to be the norm now since Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Brexit would only figure in that the UK may get less shows and in turn not show up here either but mostly when it comes to smaller scale artists, Ghost are pretty established and were last here just before things shut down while there was a good turn out for them even playing arena really it was still a stretch for them.

Have listened to this a few times now, for a lead single I think it's pretty weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

It's not bad... I have hopes for the album!

I still think it's quite subdued for a lead single but the song is definitely growing on me, the key is to turn it up very very loud 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

New album is out today. Only had one run through but there are a few crackers on there.

Twenties and call me little sunshine have really grown on me since their release.

Have listened to it a fair few times now. It's pretty good, they've gone further down the pop rock path with this one really but if you're ok with that then it's a fairly simple strong album. Definitely better than its predecessor anyway. I wasn't to impressed with Hunters Moon when it came out and was slightly worried when I saw it was on the album but it's one of the weakest songs on there thankfully.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Listened to about half of it and got bored tbh

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Spillways and Griftwood are the pick of the album for me. I think it's a pretty strong album in all.

Going to see them in Birmingham next month, pity no Dublin date on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My days Little Sunshine has grown on me something cruel since first listen. What a tune.

Kaiserion I think is a belter too. Surprised to see Hunters Moon on the album, feels like ages ago since that first appeared.

I love Twenties. I think if Tim Burton and tobais did a song together it would sound like this! Deffo one for the massive open air stadium opening track to a set I reckon. He'll be out tickling yer taints and taking yer moolah with this track!

Its a solid album. Feels miles away from the Year Zero days but still good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Have given it multiple listens - so many nods to 80's Melodic Hard Rock - there are hooks and solo's everywhere (Fred from Opeth doing an excellent job - unsurprisingly - he's fantastic).

Kaisarion sounds epic, great tempo - defo got the Maiden gallop. That Guitar hook is a complete earworm - catchy bastard.

Spillways is Bon Jovi debut Runaway / US Radio late 70's / early 80's AOR a la Journey etc. - catchy bastard

Call Me Little Sunshine was a banger the minute I heard it - catchy bastard

Hunters Moon I wasn't instantly mad about when I heard it a few months ago as I thought it written specifically as a stand alone soundtrack song for the latest Halloween movie but it fits here - catchy bastard

Watcher In The Sky is the most Ghost sounding song - could have been on previous albums (that's a good thing) - got a Jake E Lee / Randy Rhodes sounding riff - catchy bastard

Twenties not crazy about - think it sounds more like a number from a rock musical. May grow on me

Darkness At The Heart Of My Love - this albums "ballad" - guitars are catchy as **** but didn't get an emotional punch on the first listen like previous Ghost ballads like Life Eternal. Knowing Ghost I'll be humming it and won't even know it. Jury's out on if it's a catchy bastard

Griftwood - Van Halen opening - then has similarities to Pyromania-era Def Leppard - catchy bastard.

Respite On The Spitalfields - Chorus is catchy bastard but was expecting something a little more epic for the album closer. Love the last 90 secs outro repetitive guitar hook that loops it back around to album opener Imperium

Overall - love it. Will get as much repeated listens as Opus Eponymous, Meliora & Prequelle (which is shedloads). Infestissumam is still the one I listen to least with the exception of Secular Haze, Ghuleh / Zombie Queen, Year Zero & Monstrance Clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This is simply the best Rock act in the world right now. Another absolute belter, catchy and top production.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Just in case there is any interest, Host will be playing downstairs in Fibbers on Saturday 30 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I'm just listening to Ghost's latest album here for the first time, it's a pop rock masterpiece. Tobias Forge is a genius.

Just in case there is any interest, Host will be playing The Sound House this Sunday 29 October! 

Advertisement