Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats most reliable car??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

lakes1985 wrote: »
    got the particle filter done in car,changed air coolant fan i think its called,had to put in new rear shocks,just got 2 wheels replaced that fan belt is on and now catalic converter is giving trouble!the car has been nothing but a nightmare!

Peugeot change diesel particle filters default around 100k mls...the cooling fans can fail...these are variable speed units so they are expensive.

Rear shocks don't normally fail on the 407's..:confused:

Crankshaft pulleys can fail around 100k mls..the tend to clatter under acceleration.
    Did you replace the dual mass flywheel yet..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

I run a 90's Almera as a "here's a free, fully fuelled/taxed/insured car lads, drive the sh1te out of it at my expense why don't ye" car for workers to go from work to home/hotel etc. It never goes wrong. Ever. Nobody cares for it, nobody is responsible for it, nobody minds it. And "nobody" is very happy that it runs and runs without a single issue regardless. It clocks up at least 700 km a week, every week btw. Good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭alias no.9

lakes1985 wrote: »
    particle filter
    catalic converter

Do you do a lot of short journeys where the engine doesn't get up to operating temperature for very long?

Advertisement