Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

What about that pop-band, played all their own instruments, crap songs, all the rage for a while, the two brothers and their hot sister... Hanson, wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Edal wrote: »
    Scott Walker of The Walker Brothers became a recluse for years but then re-emerged. Forgot to mention him.
    What a voice .

He had ' No Regrets' about leaving the mainstream pop world behind .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Edal

Latchy wrote: »
    What a voice .He had ' No Regrets' about leaving the mainstream pop world behind .

Check out the documentary 30 Century Man. Compelling viewing. Bowie, Radiohead et al. hail the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Syd Barrett is another, I know he died in 06 but what did he do for all those years after Pink Floyd? He was no more than 23 or 24 when he packed it in and moved back to his parents.

Check out the documentary 30 Century Man. Compelling viewing. Bowie, Radiohead et al. hail the man.
    I do remember watching a documentary a few years ago about Scott Walker and how he went into another musical direction while still staying out of the public eye .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Edal

Syd Barrett is another, I know he died in 06 but what did he do for all those years after Pink Floyd? He was no more than 23 or 24 when he packed it in and moved back to his parents.

He lived in his mother's basement for years. He painted a lot. I saw a few recent pictures of him before he died and he was almost unrecognisable.

Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Chris Doran ?? ya know that talented guy from the eurovision :p

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

OP, you'll be thrilled to hear that Samantha Mumba is once again setting the Dublin music scene alight by playing the princess in the Gaiety panto in Dublin this year.

Or something.

He lived in his mother's basement for years. He painted a lot. I saw a few recent pictures of him before he died and he was almost unrecognisable.

Poor guy.
    Peter Green was another in the Syb Barret mould who became a recluse for years but he has in recent years come back out playing live music again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Mike Oldfield still releases albums but nothing will ever top Tubular Bells or Ommadawn.

Didn't he get into a legal spat with one of the Oasis brothers about selling them a duff property in Spain or somewhere not so long ago?

OK I've got a few. Whatever happened to:

1) that old witch in UCC who tried to get a guy sacked because he showed her a peer-reviewed article in a scientific journal about the deviant sexual practices of fruit bats? Was yer man ever reinstated? Is she still there?

2) The well known Dublin sports journalist who allegedly had an affair with one of his daughter's team mates on an underage camogie team?

3) the rest of the Boomtown Rats?

4) Mildred Fox TD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

She went to the US. Check out the accent on her now. Wagon.

Ugh.

Not even a hint like of her old Irish brogue like and stuff.

Fúcking pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

She went to the US. Check out the accent on her now. Wagon.

Ugh.

wow...she is really trying to sound american... sad really.

Advertisement