Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefighter Waterford city council

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hi Delancey, absolutely, I have the exact same perception... I've 2 family members that are Firefighters in DFB, and both basically told me to apply for Waterford even if only for the experience of applying and seeing what the process is like. I never really expected to get the job with Waterford, considering retained FF's from the area are applying. It's to be expected with any role, think if 2 candidates were matched exactly the same in all areas, but one applicant had 5 years experience as a retained firefighter, this person will get the job, makes the most sense in reality.

Have you applied for Cork City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

djor88 wrote: »
    Have you applied for Cork City?

No , I'd only be fooling myself applying for any Fire Fighter role - fear of heights - I can't stand on a step ladder to change a bulb without breaking into a cold sweat :eek:

Advertisement