Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

These young scumbags

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭

Going to the shop today I encountered these scumbags, only 8-10 years of age, who were causing trouble. They were waving a newspaper lit on fire at security guard at a Tesco entrance, they tried to break the lock on the bike next to mine(before I got them to fùck off) and then as I was leaving they set the base of a large tree on fire(which broke out into a large fire for a time, I'm assuming on dead leaves) but was dying out as I looked back.

It's truly disheartening to see such behaviour and especially at such a young age. I'm not sure who's to blame either for such anti-social behaviour.

Would such things occur in your areas, people of AH?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

little cnuts

i blame the parents

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

ah would you go way, they're only having a bit of craic. boys will be boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

In before Down with this sort of thing...... someone think of the children etc.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

You know what I blame this on the break down of?
    ..Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Not in my area, cos its so rough we eat our young (literally) .

Eat them at birth = them not growing up to be scummers later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Sure all they need is a hug.

Wait, hug's not the word, beating is the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I blame whoever put the trees there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Was it not pissing rain all over the country!?

How did the leaves take light!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Maths Lesson:

Scumbag man + Scumbag woman = Scumbag kids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cian A wrote: »
    Going to the shop today I encountered these scumbags, only 8-10 years of age, who were causing trouble. They were waving a newspaper lit on fire at security guard at a Tesco entrance, they tried to break the lock on the bike next to mine(before I got them to fùck off) and then as I was leaving they set the base of a large tree on fire(which broke out into a large fire for a time, I'm assuming on dead leaves) but was dying out as I looked back.

It's truly disheartening to see such behaviour and especially at such a young age. I'm not sure who's to blame either for such anti-social behaviour.

I'll give you a clue,
    "it's the fordiners, Joe"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.......... They were waving a newspaper lit on fire at security guard at a Tesco entrance, ..........

'me command FIRE - BOW DOWN, BOW DOWN'

They should be put to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

It was a cold day. Maybe they were feeling compassionate towards the security man and Mr tree by providing a fire with whatever means they had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Cien A wrote: »

Would such things occur in your areas, people of AH?[/QUOTE]

I blame the tescos there nothing but trouble ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I used to light fires all the time, sounds like its just boys being boys. Nothings changed they arent getting worse you where probably a crap kid who did what he was told and your just jealous you didnt have the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

Dont worry it wont be the kids who are to blame in any event.......everyone in a decent civilized society knows that they are not even slightly responsible for their own behavior and shouldn't be punished in any shape or form

I say we should increase social welfare payments to their parents in an attempt to incentivize them to teach theire kids in a constructive and caring fashion the correct way to behave

then perhaps they could talk to a counselor and maybe be brought karting or to the cinema etc

Not yet...but I'm sure its only a matter of time until this and much worse happens in every area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stuff like that happens the odd time around where I live. It's still a grand area overall though. Could hear a bunch of little ****ers out on the street the other night loudly trying to decide which car they'd rob. My car was in close proximity to them as there was no parking in the apartment complex, although I noticed my little set of wheels didn't seem to interest them :pac:
    Legged it out and found a space in the complex anyway though.

I used to light fires all the time, sounds like its just boys being boys. Nothings changed they arent getting worse
    It's still bratty carry-on though.

They didn't just light a fire either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There's a bus shelter right outside my house and it gets smashed up by kids at least once a month. I dunno why they bother to fix it. They also have to withdraw bus service fairly regularly because kids throw rocks at the buses.

The local shops are terrorised by the little shits as well, nothing is done about them because it's illegal to beat kids or something

amacca wrote: »
    Dont worry it wont be the kids who are to blame in any event.......everyone in a decent civilized society knows that they are not even slightly responsible for their own behavior and shouldn't be punished in any shape or form

I say we should increase social welfare payments to their parents in an attempt to incentivize them to teach theire kids in a constructive and caring fashion the correct way to behave

then perhaps they could talk to a counselor and maybe be brought karting or to the cinema etc
    I have never ever encountered anyone who thinks like that - and I know a fair few very "liberal" people.
    Just because some people believe there may be complex causes to anti social behaviour at times, doesn't mean they think kids like that don't deserve to be punished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Maths Lesson:

Scumbag man + Scumbag woman = Scumbag kids

And the cycle goes on...

Isn't it awful looking at these kids and knowing that they'll only get worse in time, no prospects.

It's not entirely all down to a lack of money, we coped with little, it's really just bad parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

We love threads like these on After Hours, don't we?

Legalise abortion, make it mandatory for scumbags; problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Their parents smacked them on the arse once for spilling milk on a rug, leading to a slow descent into pain, alienation and nihilism.

They could have been saved with a parenting model that emphasized humanistic, non-hierarchical guidance that eschewed hidebound notions of quote unquote punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭amacca

Dudess wrote: »
    I have never ever encountered anyone who thinks like that - and I know a fair few very "liberal" people.
    Just because some people believe there may be complex causes to anti social behaviour at times, doesn't mean they think kids like that don't deserve to be punished.

point taken I suppose

whatever way "they" think however...the end result seems to be that the little "brats" can do what they like with very little in the way of consequence for very long times....so if they dont think that way then one has to wonder at the end result of their thought processes it does beg the question.......exactly what the hell are they thinking?

so perhaps a change in their "thoughts" would be in order?...then again perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

"These young scumbags"

But if they were adult scumbags, it'd be fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Did you not blast the fire with piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

The little feckers next time you see them at this behaviour punch them in the throat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

LiamN wrote: »
    "These young scumbags"

But if they were adult scumbags, it'd be fine?

Of course not, I'm just emphasising the fact that these pre-teens are behaving completely unacceptably and that it's such a pity to see people so young with such poor future prospects.

At what point did I say that's be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭jacool

LiamN wrote: »
    "These young scumbags"

But if they were adult scumbags. . . . .

They will be, just give them time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

I used to light fires all the time, sounds like its just boys being boys. Nothings changed they arent getting worse you where probably a crap kid who did what he was told and your just jealous you didnt have the crack.

That's probably what the kid's parent's said as well.

Advertisement