Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League S14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

mar-z wrote: »
    Results W1 (provisional)

Div 3:
    Ladyboys 33 52 Gideons
    Men Who Stare ... 28 16 Westside
    Kilsough South... 27 23 Monkstown RFC
    FRF ? ? CSDS

Gideons romped home 8 tries away from home 8 tries away from home against the Ladyboys while MWSAG got the home bonus point win against Westside. Kilsough won at home but no bonus point for them while they couldn't deny one to Monkstown. CSDS didn't accept but reports are uncertain as to wheteher the Fairies showed up themselves or not.

Fairies accepted - went outta my way to get to an internet connection on hols...and then CSDS chickened out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

seanand wrote: »
    if you want marz i can mail more people during the week next week? to make sure for 100% for acceptance and then theres no excuse for non acceptance and we will have to think of replacing it

Cheers seanad but I'll do it tonight. I still have to try track down who defaulted on w1's games in some cases and a lot of the teams overlap with those who haven't accepted yet.

daheff wrote: »
    Fairies accepted - went outta my way to get to an internet connection on hols...and then CSDS chickened out :mad:

I've updated the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrtnwtsn

My team is Naul Ownland Saints, I accepted the first friendly but then the match vanished from my friendlies page on Blackout.
    Results W1 (provisional)

Div 1:

Fight Club 48ers 24 30 Polk High
    Forza Juve 44 20 Everyone Likes...
    Scorched Earth 20 0 Bogwarriors
    Geraldine RFC ? ? Cill Dara RFC

Polk High started strong with a 5 point win away but Fight Clubmanaged to salvage some pride with a bonus point loss. Forza Juve got the 5 at home against ELAT, while Bogwarriors didn't actually start yet so go down 20-0 to Scorched Earth by default. Last match is waiting to see who defaulted.

Div 2:
    Couch Potatoes 43 52 Toronto Rucks
    Grubber RFC 53 49 BJD Panthers
    Battai Bátor B... 29 32 Mauling Bear
    Wandering Wand... 15 36 Lunster

Bonus point wins away for Toronto Rucks and Mauling Bear (so cute when couples do things together) and at home for Grubber. Lunster take for their win while both the Panthers and Battai take 2 points each despite losing. Couch potatoes got a bonus for tries scored leaving the Wanderers wandering how they are the only team here on zero*

Div 3:
    Ladyboys 33 52 Gideons
    Men Who Stare ... 28 16 Westside
    Kilsough South... 27 23 Monkstown RFC
    FRF 20 0 CSDS

Gideons romped home 8 tries away from home 8 tries away from home against the Ladyboys while MWSAG got the home bonus point win against Westside. Kilsough won at home but no bonus point for them while they couldn't deny one to Monkstown. CSDS didn't acceptand the Fairies boss has since started a war of words calling Fewcifur a chicken, we await with baited breath the inevitable escalation from the (so far imagined) "I'm rubber you're glue" response.

Div 4:
    Fingal Physici... 15 46 Reaper RFC
    Rahoon Wild 26 50 Dread0s
    Nenagh Ormond 27 19 Mehtastic
    East Coast Tinders 0 20 Rath Rugby Club

Bonus point away wins for Reaper, Dread0s and (by default) Rath. Actually satory you were Beltra before renaming the team to Reapers right? It's annoying me that I can't remember. Nenagh Ormond got the 4 points in their game against Mehtastic. Only Rahoon Wild salavaged a bonus point from the losing sides.

Div 5:
    Newcastle West 37 24 Revan RFC
    Ulster Trials 47 38 Slashers
    Naul Ownland Saints ? ? westmen
    Nanjing RFC ? ? Casey's Guinness

As macslash said two bonus point wins and a bonus point each to the losing sides. Two games not played but I have to figure out who didn't accept before I can sort the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Keogh1876

Results W1 (provisional)

Div 1:

Fight Club 48ers 24 30 Polk High
    Forza Juve 44 20 Everyone Likes...
    Scorched Earth 20 0 Bogwarriors
    Geraldine RFC ? ? Cill Dara RFC

Polk High started strong with a 5 point win away but Fight Clubmanaged to salvage some pride with a bonus point loss. Forza Juve got the 5 at home against ELAT, while Bogwarriors didn't actually start yet so go down 20-0 to Scorched Earth by default. Last match is waiting to see who defaulted.

Geraldine RF defaulted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

what do ya mean by defaulted? didnt accept is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Keogh1876

TheJims wrote: »
    what do ya mean by defaulted? didnt accept is it?

That's the one...

Just have to hear about 1 more match and I have the results. All matches have been accepted this week and next. I'll get more up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Keogh1876 wrote: »
    Geraldine RF defaulted...

Yeah my bad! sorry . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Loat 37 - 12 in a game i was saving myself in so to be expected

• Advertisement

FRF 43-18 Monkstown RFC

was close for a good while...but FRF finally won out :)

First win of the season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

first win of the season for me in boards league! Whoop! now need a league win to get season off fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Christ totally forgot about this tonight....turns out i won away from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i won 49 nil poor enough score from the stars performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

when will next weeks fixtures be put up so i remember to accept?

when will next weeks fixtures be put up so i remember to accept?

Later today or tomorrow

Is there a table up anywhere yet?

daheff wrote: »
    Is there a table up anywhere yet?
    let him focus on the fixtures first theres none up yet

There is the next two weeks up since Saturday.

Tables, I'll sort this week. The festive period was a bit festive but all will be back to normal from tomorrow.

Tables, I'll sort this week. The festive period was a bit festive but all will be back to normal from tomorrow.

yeah no worries...

• Advertisement

my bad i could of sworn i checked it since sat must of just missed them sorrt:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

Naul Ownland Saints still have not accepted for Thursday..left a message to them on Sunday to remind, but just gave a quick check there and the last signin was 20th December. How long will I leave them? Because I don't wanna lose out on a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

macslash wrote: »
    Naul Ownland Saints still have not accepted for Thursday..left a message to them on Sunday to remind, but just gave a quick check there and the last signin was 20th December. How long will I leave them? Because I don't wanna lose out on a game...

I have a sneaking suspicion I might know that person in real life... a quick test will see.

Plus it's a Thursday friendly, so missing out on a game doesn't reeeeally have any implications.

Edit: Yup, it was who I suspected, he said he'll accept tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

Brilliant, thanks a million :)

And I know its a Thursday friendly but I had a few lads looking for friendlies before the comp started so said I'd let them know..Thanks though!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion I might know that person in real life... a quick test will see.

Plus it's a Thursday friendly, so missing out on a game doesn't reeeeally have any implications.

lol im picturing an awkward phonecall there. um hi this is (insert fewis name) ammm:( accept your thurs friendly there will you

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Even funnier if the relationship is only at an acquaintance level :p

macslash wrote: »

They haven't accepted still. What you can do is organise a friendly anyway, if he does accept after the boards league match will replace the other friendly as competitions take precedence.

Also, Thursday friendlies have no benifit to your team (besides fun). Thought I'd say it in case that was why you didn't want to miss a game.

Fewcifur wrote: »

Do I happen to know them? I could start hassling him then as well to accept.

If not I might have to resort to hassling you to hassle him! :D

any idea what the biggest win in the boards cup? i might be on to break it tonight miles ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

any idea what the biggest win in the boards cup? i might be on to break it tonight miles ahead

Have a look at last season in Div IV, say a few big wins there with the miss matches would be among top scores

Advertisement