Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Saucony XC spikes

• 13-12-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭ dna_leri

Anyone here use Saucony XC spikes, in particular the Kilkenny XC3 and Shay XC2 ? Any opinions on how they compare to the Asics Hyper XC.

I am looking to buy them as a gift for someone new to cross-country.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 thirstywork2

both very good spikes.The kilkenny being the best selling cross country spike in the states.
    The Shay used to be a very expensive spike but has ome down in price the last year and offers a little more support under the arches.
    The hyper is a little stiffer in the sole but effective in muddy conditions.

Its like most footwear,down to what the user prefers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shellda1

I cant compare them to the asics but i got the kilkennys XC4 recently and found them brilliant compared to the nike ones i used to wear. Much better grip and feeling even on tough uphills

Advertisement