Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International League Pass Broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Did the whole user interface for this change since yesterday? Only signed up yesterday and it looks completely different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Did the whole user interface for this change since yesterday? Only signed up yesterday and it looks completely different now.

Yes they've been changing it during the last week. Since they've changed it the quality (at least for me) has dropped off hugely. Games are now stuttering even when I set them to low quality, anyone else experiencing this?

Hopefully it's just teething problems with the new system that will be worked out soon.

I haven't noticed any difference in quality but since my broadband is crap I never had it great anyway. Usually have it on 800kps for live but sometimes get away with 1600kps for the recorded stuff.

Took me a while to find the option to change from full game to condensed on the new layout. It's hard to see some of those options with they grey on black look.

I haven't noticed any difference in quality but since my broadband is crap I never had it great anyway. Usually have it on 800kps for live but sometimes get away with 1600kps for the recorded stuff.

Took me a while to find the option to change from full game to condensed on the new layout. It's hard to see some of those options with they grey on black look.

Was usually ok on 1600kbps for me but now even at 400 it's stuttering constantly. I'll try it on another computer later in case it's an issue with flash on the one I've been using.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

alb wrote: »
    Yes they've been changing it during the last week. Since they've changed it the quality (at least for me) has dropped off hugely. Games are now stuttering even when I set them to low quality, anyone else experiencing this?

Hopefully it's just teething problems with the new system that will be worked out soon.

Yeah I was gonna ask about this, I'm getting the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was something to do with my setup, if my media-PC wasn't powerful enough to run the new flash script, or something.

Very annoying, the end of the Bulls game last night was very choppy. Not sure if it gets worse at the end of games, or if that was a coincidence.

For the first few days they had a link to use the old system, which I was doing, but that seems to be gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I thought it was my computer too, but it if definitely more choppy to watch videos now. Maybe we should put a post in the feedback section.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna ask about this, I'm getting the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was something to do with my setup, if my media-PC wasn't powerful enough to run the new flash script, or something.

Very annoying, the end of the Bulls game last night was very choppy. Not sure if it gets worse at the end of games, or if that was a coincidence.

For the first few days they had a link to use the old system, which I was doing, but that seems to be gone now.

I tried it on a recently bought laptop and it plays fine, so it looks like it is due to the fact that the new version is more demanding on hardware. I eventually found some kind of official feedback forum for NBA TV and there are a lot of very angry people there experiencing the problem. Someone suggested that the overlayed menu on the new version prevents computers from using inbuilt hardware acceleration for the video decoding - this sounds like a very likely cause to me. What a mess, I hope they can fix it, but I think it's unlikely.

Mine was very choppy as well last night. Just checked it out on my computer in work which is fairly new and playback was very smooth. They better sort this out!

Just submitted a ticket there. Doubt it will do much good though.

Wow, just saw that forum. There's a lot of angry people so it's a worldwide problem. They will surely fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

They've made the old version temporarily available until they fix the problem:
    To: NBA.TV Customers
    Date: March 6, 2012
    Subj: New NBA.TV Streaming Issues

Since the Feb. 24 launch of the new NBA.TV, we've been monitoring help.nba.tv, our new community forum, and email support inquiries regarding customer suggestions and issues associated with the updated NBA.TV video player.

We acknowledge that the new format (larger display, enhanced features, etc) has resulted in a lower quality stream for some customers. We are actively working to address these quality issues and updates to the new NBA.TV are currently being developed and tested. In the meantime, we'll be presenting an option to access the previous version of NBA.TV for those negatively impacted by the transition, you can access that solution at http://ilp2.nba.com. This option is not permanent, but will remain until such time we have worked through the aforementioned concerns with NBA.TV customers.

We appreciate your patience -- and continued feedback -- as we work hard to ensure all customers have the NBA.TV experience they expect and deserve.

Best Regards,

The NBA.TV Team

Just came on to post about the link to the older version, but Padraig beat me to it. I'm just glad it's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Anybody using Apple tv for watching their league pass?

Anyone else think the editing for "condensed" games beyond a joke at times?

All the build up play and then when the ball is in the air for a shot it cuts to another play etc and complete madness like that. I was trying to watch the Bulls v Knicks game last night as I hadn't time to watch it all but the editing was so bad it drove me insane. I just went to 4th quarter and watched that on full game.

Recently I was watching a condensed game and it just ended after the 3rd quarter :D

And another time I watched a Bulls game where D. Rose had like 30 points and 8 assists and I don't think the highlights showed him make one shot. I'd swear it's worse for the Bulls games as other condensed games never seem as bad.

Advertisement