Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€49 service anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vectra wrote: »
    Deal is done I suppose so take the page down?

Most likely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

What about feedback from posters who take up the offer, allow for closing the loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

mathepac wrote: »
    What about feedback from posters who take up the offer, allow for closing the loop?

It's always nice to get abit of feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its there for 75 now, includes Diagnostic check and report so its not bad.

Right here goes, feedback time. :D

I landed outside the premises at 8:45am and went in to introduce myself. Nice dealership, nice cars nice people.

I was offered a courtesy car or a lift to and collection from Kingswood Danny Day stop. I opted for the latter as I was heading in the general direction of the Four Goldmines / Capel Street to do a bit of biz and having a car would have been a hinderance.

I got a call as I was on my way back out to the garage and authorised the replacement of a rear number-plate bulb.

Got collected from the Danny Day and collected the bill. Including the rear number-plate bulb, a fuel filter which I asked for as an extra, resetting all lights and stuff and warning me about the rear tyres (3mm left on Toyo Proxes) the entire bill came to €82. I couldn't believe it, in fact I still can't.
    Even at the new price vs the €49 + the extra bits that I paid it's still great value.

Pencil them into your VAG contacts, there are some of the best around. Professionalism + Courtesy = Outstanding Customer Service. I haven't been treated as well in a place since an English bloke tried to sell me a time-share in Tenerife in the 1990's!

Terrific job, thanks lads. Oh and thanks for the key-rings, tax-disc holders etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Good stuff. Was the oil and everything the correct spec?

All by the book

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You dropped your car in for a €49 service and were offered a loan car or a lift to the Luas plus they gave you key rings and tax disc holders - I note that you got more than one of each...
    Oh and thanks for the key-rings, tax-disc holders etc.

In reponse to a query ...
    EPM wrote: »
    Good stuff. Was the oil and everything the correct spec?

You replied...
    All by the book

even though you weren't there when the service was carried out.

Even MSL in Pottery Road only offers you a lift in a minibus to the Dart in Blackrock or Dun Laoghaire, there is no option of a loan car and they are among the most expensive service shops in town.

Too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I suspect they're loss leaders this time.

They lure you in with great sounding customer care and a decent service for the price and the next time it wont be as cheap. However, now it seems like good value and fair play to them for doing it at this price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Every time a deal like this pops there are so many people out to shoot them down and accuse them of using some dodgey oil they may as well have stolen from the chipper. It's a promotional offer and there's probably little to no profit made on cars that need synthetic oil. 4.5L of Synthetic oil can be got for around €25 or so, €5 for a filter and that's basically it.

Until proven otherwise I'd assume they'll use the correct oil for the car.

• Advertisement

BX 19 wrote: »
    I suspect they're loss leaders this time. ... However, now it seems like good value and fair play to them for doing it at this price :)
    Loss leader for sure. The showroom is there a while but the servicing side of the business is only two weeks old. I'm sure any losses (including the key-rings :D ) are being subsidised by Seat Ireland's marketing budget.

Give them a shout - the AutoDynamic dealership premises is easy to find - just follow the huge banners.

Advertisement