Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when to slaughter geese???

Options
  • 12-12-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

raising a few geese for xmas for the 1st time this year, just wondering how long between slaughter and the table could you allow for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Ding Dong wrote: »
    raising a few geese for xmas for the 1st time this year, just wondering how long between slaughter and the table could you allow for?

I'm not an expert on it, its years since we killed a goose. I asked my dad last night and he said not to leave the goose hanging for as long as you would leave a turkey. He recommends a turkey to hang for 10 days and a goose for 5 to 7. He also said that you hang a turkey from its legs to allow the fluids to flow to the head, but you hang a goose from its head. (don't take it as gospel but this is what he said.) Try google for better information.

Advertisement