Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We are.

No one here is participating in vigilantism. But I doubt anyone here has a problem with what has occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

This is good news! Unfortunate that it has to happen. But some of these gang members are very young and the fear of these vigilante gangs might keep them out of trouble. Be good for them in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Proper ghetto style or Bronx type gangs.

They probably are already armed with firearms as it is.

Only a matter of time someone will be shot.

Gardai need to get the finger out but our judicial system needs a shift and actually put scum away and back up the hard working people of this country.

Nalz wrote: »
    Alleged surge. As if there hasn’t been more crime. Ridiculous how far some will go to avoid offending.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Boards.ie does not condone anyone taking the law into their own hands or condoning illegal activities like vigilantism. Therefore that subject needs to be dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not going to listen to the lot - but it's great that the media have bypassed the hiatus of mentioning that they are in fact black African youths instead of just saying youths which was the line reported at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Not going to listen to the lot - but it's great that the media have bypassed the hiatus of mentioning that they are in fact black African youths instead of just saying youths which was the line reported at the start.

But, But but according to the FM104 link these lads are hard done by and come from deprived homes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lads ye are just talking ****e now, final warning to drop this subject and move on to something now

I don't understand? What shíte talk? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but I posted a link from fm104 regarding recent incidents in the area and people replied about it.

Just seeking some clarity. Thanks

• Advertisement

I don't understand? What shíte talk? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but I posted a link from fm104 regarding recent incidents in the area and people replied about it.

Just seeking some clarity. Thanks

Sh1te talk is anything that doesn't fit neatly into the Boards.ie agenda.

So when they say 'lets talk' what they really mean is only on our terms.

@Nalz - speculation about them being armed, finding fault with a report that didn't someone's skin colour etc. Lets face it, any talk of vigilantism being a 'good thing' is ****e talk and anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

@not_yet - You agreed to boards.ie terms when you signed up. That you now don't like those terms is your issue not ours. I much prefer an agenda that seeks to curb bigoted or racist remarks over one that seeks to blame 'foreigners' for all the ills of an area.

If you have any more questions about this do it by pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

not yet wrote: »
    Sh1te talk is anything that doesn't fit neatly into the Boards.ie agenda.

So when they say 'lets talk' what they really mean is only on our terms.

It’s about time someone on boards said this Boards.ie “Now you’re talking “yes now you’re talking but…if it’s on our terms and you don’t upset or question the status quo.

Look at ANY thread where there is particular talk around anything Garda related you just get a serious amount of trolls telling you your guilty pay your fine go to court etc…

Which is sad because based on current and previous experiences of the Gardai is a little obvious now that they aren’t whiter than white

Anything that’s Government related again if you try to in any way question or pick any pro-government threads you just get immediately tolled or a MOD comes and tells you to pack it in

The last time I checked this was the Republic Of Ireland where article 40 of our constitution protects free speech and the ambiguous rights of a person

I remember one thread, in particular, discussing do you have to give the Gardai your name where they OP just for asking this question was hammered by a number of different people but yet when people came to help him and back him up they were quickly put down by a MOD

Which leads to this particular thread it seems obvious that there is a gang of African descent causing trouble within the locality this is not racist this is fact there are many witnesses many people corroborating this story therefore for you MOD this is not causing S**** your being facetious by not allowing these posters air their views on this topic

All the above poster has done here is alert us to a radio show where people can listen to and make a balanced judgment on what exactly is going on in the locality if that’s talking S*** then really your priorities are wholeheartedly wrong?

Boards.ie used to be a great place to ask advice, air grievances and gain a different perspective on topics now I’m afraid boards has gone extremely PC, Pro Fine Gael and Fianna Fail and anti-asking questions or looking into things deeper.

BTW Because of this post I look forward to being trolled myself shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

Gaspode wrote: »
    @Nalz - speculation about them being armed, finding fault with a report that didn't someone's skin colour etc. Lets face it, any talk of vigilantism being a 'good thing' is ****e talk and anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

@not_yet - You agreed to boards.ie terms when you signed up. That you now don't like those terms is your issue not ours. I much prefer an agenda that seeks to curb bigoted or racist remarks over one that seeks to blame 'foreigners' for all the ills of an area.

@ Gaspode it's not racist or bigoted to point out facts and descriptions given by numerous independent witnesses and newspapers

oholly121 wrote: »
    Gaspode wrote: »

@ Gaspode it's not racist or bigoted to point out facts and descriptions given by numerous independent witnesses and newspapers
    That's enough now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

+1

Bizarre assumptions and accusations being bandied about!

All the above poster has done here is alert us to a radio show where people can listen to and make a balanced judgment on what exactly is going on in the locality if that’s talking S*** then really your priorities are wholeheartedly wrong?

This was my intention, just to inform. If I did more than that or this isn't allowed I apologize. I'm backing away from the conversation here too. There's enough whatsapp groups, facebook pages, committee meetings to beat the band on this particular subject in the area. Boards.ie >> Dublin 15 won't be another one for me.

Are there watsapp groups residents can join

This was my intention, just to inform. If I did more than that or this isn't allowed I apologize. I'm backing away from the conversation here too. There's enough whatsapp groups, facebook pages, committee meetings to beat the band on this particular subject in the area. Boards.ie >> Dublin 15 won't be another one for me.

Fcuking shame a decent poster has been run out of here...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I shouldn't need to have to say this at this stage, but questioning mod decisions on-thread is not permitted here or anywhere else on Boards. Equally I shouldn't have to remind people that contrary to what you believe, you do not have the right to free speech on this, or any other privately owned site in Ireland. If you have issues with the moderation of the forum then please take it to the Help Desk. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jim Ellis

So everyone is wrong. The posters on this thread. The newspapers and radio stations. The garda and their statements/press releases. The taxi drivers. Everyone wrong, except the boards moderators!

Jim Ellis wrote: »
    So everyone is wrong. The posters on this thread. The newspapers and radio stations. The garda and their statements/press releases. The taxi drivers. Everyone wrong, except the boards moderators!

Boards are so terrified they will be seen as non PC they go the complete opposite and close down all discussion..

But as the mod said earlier on, we are deluded if we think this place allows free speech.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seriously, what part of "do not discuss moderation on-thread" is so difficult to understand? There will be no further warnings.

In other news, Tomorrow is to be bright and breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

A GIANT ROAM 3 XL was stolen from me yesterday ~18:00 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre Green Triangle.
    While I chased the thief on foot, his friends threw stuff at me and attempted to antagonize me.
    Called gardai, they escaped through the fence into Millenium Park.

Photos of bike:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sz4e7x9xyjfb6v/BIKE 20171104_071300.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ik6m4bt30ttlw5/BIKE 20171104_071311.jpg?dl=0

I would appreciate any advice as to how to follow up on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Post on the stolen bike thread, and the Facebook pages of the neighbor watch, there usually is a few.

How was it locked. Just so that others can learn from it.

beauf wrote: »
    Post on the stolen bike thread, and the Facebook pages of the neighbor watch, there usually is a few.

How was it locked. Just so that others can learn from it.

Not being smart here but it really doesn't matter how a bike is locked sometimes.

If the scumbag has the tools and time he will break any lock, They sometime carry hand held battery operated metal power saw.

Well if they are using power saws it means people shouldn't leave any bike at blanch. Its just not viable.

If they just popped a cheap lock, then it still might be viable to cycle to the center.

beauf wrote: »
    Well if they are using power saws it means people shouldn't leave any bike at blanch. Its just not viable.

If they just popped a cheap lock, then it still might be viable to cycle to the center.

I wouldn't leave an expensive bike anywhere regardless of the amount of locks I had on it, the horrible truth is no bike is safe.

• Advertisement

If you have to keep replacing bikes even cheap ones that's not viable either.

I'm not really sure why you have an issue with finding out how the bike was locked. It's just useful to know.

Advertisement