Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone camera picture thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

One of the best portraits of someone I will ever do imo but taken on a htc wildfire

6198970676_1a86874338_z.jpg
    A Beautiful Angel by El Jeff, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Taken on the iPhone 4 this morning through slightly dirty office window. Edited with Snapseed.
    16D8CC6AC7044E089ADB496B75D9ADF9-0000347536-0002669740-00612L-0476CE4FF5644CF4B35508A8DB8E70FA.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

smash wrote: »
    I see a few images processed with camerakit, camerabag, instagram... any chance people can say what app they process with though?
    i'd actually love to see straight-out-of-the-camera-photos.

one of the attractions of camera phone shots for me would be the immediacy, without any processing or enhancement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Taken on the iPhone 4 this morning through slightly dirty office window. Edited with Snapseed.
    16D8CC6AC7044E089ADB496B75D9ADF9-0000347536-0002669740-00612L-0476CE4FF5644CF4B35508A8DB8E70FA.jpg

Original un-edited version.
    D0F3834BFC5641CE8AECA39271AD64B4-0000347536-0002669746-00800L-01B977ED21274040A8E29C42E03C3AF2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i'd actually love to see straight-out-of-the-camera-photos.

one of the attractions of camera phone shots for me would be the immediacy, without any processing or enhancement.

agree, why bother processing, thats the beauty for me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dewberry

Hi
    First post,great pictures by the way.How do i upload my photos i tried the url from pix but still picture wont show up.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Timely rant by Kirk Tuck on phone photography ...
    Kirk Tuck wrote:
    But most people are very lazy. Very, very lazy. So they really want a camera that isn't hard to carry around. They think their pockets are really camera bags. They would love controls but are too lazy to use the controls so they really want a camera that DOESN'T give them control. They want to be unique so they use the same program 800,000,000 other people use to make their camera phone photos look acceptable, in a 1960's, distressed, piece of crap, way. Like everyone else.

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2011/12/so-heres-what-i-know-about-iphone.html

Enjoy :D

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2011/12/so-heres-what-i-know-about-iphone.html

in many ways he is so right , but I'm sure polaroid hit the same obstacles when released - the challenge with the phone is to take something interesting and different - as someone once said to me photography is easy , you just press a button -

ps the trick is to know when and where to press the button ;) - certainly to keep things interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

dewberry wrote: »
    Hi
    First post,great pictures by the way.How do i upload my photos i tried the url from pix but still picture wont show up.:confused:
    Click o the image you want and it opens up the screen to show it in different sizes, under the pic is a code for html and one for forums just paste the forums code in here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Bit of a silly rant really. People like taking photos, and just because they're not "professional" or they like certain effects then it doesn't make them lazy. Could you call him, or anyone else lazy because they use Photoshop to adjust their photos which aren't perfect? Millions of people use Photoshop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

smash wrote: »
    Could you call him, or anyone else lazy because they use Photoshop to adjust their photos which aren't perfect? Millions of people use Photoshop!

That's hardly an argument really, is it ? Billions of really dreadful photographs are taken every year. "Everyone else is doing it" is no good reason to join the race to the bottom.

That's hardly an argument really, is it ? Billions of really dreadful photographs are taken every year. "Everyone else is doing it" is no good reason to join the race to the bottom.
    But it's not a race to the bottom, it's just people enjoying themselves. Who cares if their photos are crap. They're not trying to sell them or pass them off as professional.

It really is a very dull and ridiculous rant which makes him look childish as he's getting annoyed that everyone now has a camera in their pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gordon Fraser

The guy appears to be a bit of a knob.....What level of technology does this genius decree is suitable for the creation of good photographs? Should all who do not own digital medium format camera's be consigned as inadequate tools who should forget about attempting to create interesting images.... It sounds completely like he is afraid of the democratisation of photography and the creation of photographic art that has happened with the advent of the phone camera (particularily iphone).

Just as he says that da vinci could create great art with an iphone there are also plenty, and i mean plenty, of folk who have expensive kit who haven't got a clue how to make compelling interesting images. He'd be better of using his time explaining and educating how to do that than slagging off readers for their choice of camera.

I suspect he is a head in the sand kind of guy though.....

ELJeff wrote: »
    Click o the image you want and it opens up the screen to show it in different sizes, under the pic is a code for html and one for forums just paste the forums code in here
    Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

6510787673_2c3cf97567_z.jpg
    Hotel Elevator.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Guys i'm not a mod but could we please keep this thread to pictures only any debating about camera phone pictures themselves kept to another thread, this thread just for people to enjoy pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

iphone 3gs / hipstamatic
    6511518473_7f27333cdf.jpg
    simon by dirtyghettokid, on Flickr

samsung galaxy sii , taken in hdr mode in camera360, taken today
    C360_2011-12-1415-20-42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

206510_10150216856866800_649446799_8555620_3164986_n.jpg

• Advertisement

i remember a leading Irish photographer telling me that creativity and uniqueness only lasts a couple of years , after a few years it dries up and just becomes banal - a bit like U2 trying to reproduce their best , practically impossible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sounds like someone trying to justify his (or her) own extended dry spell.

there are people on here who have been taking photos for many years who are still producing great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gordon Fraser

squareballon: I love silhouettes and that is a classic. nice!

sounds like someone trying to justify his (or her) own extended dry spell.

there are people on here who have been taking photos for many years who are still producing great stuff.

my own opinion , is that persistence is the key - keep going through dark or empty patches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

wpid-2011-08-26-00.41.33.jpg

The puppy was asleep on my lap while I was working so I stuck the mouse under her paw and she never budged an eyelid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iPhone 4 - Straight from the camera.

6112404750_cc9450fe92_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

HTC Desire HD using Vignette app
    2011-05-16-10-57-29-945a.jpg

%25255BUNSET%25255D.jpg the pup today out and about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

iPhone 4

6ccbc86e.jpg