Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another LiPo question ..

Options
  • 09-12-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

before i go any further i need to state that i did go back in older threads and couldnt quite find what i was looking for.

The Plan:
    i m planning on rewiring my Raider L (default motor and gears) using 18 AWG ( i ve been lead to believe this is the lowest you can go in airsoft) and Deans. atm im using a 9.6V 1600mAh crane stock battery with around 25A discharge and tamiya connector. i m trying to figure out if the battery below is a good idea or not. for the record what im going for is crisper trigger response and if possible increase in RoF ( any increase would be considered a bonus) without the complications and cost of internal upgrades or wrecking the current internals.

The issue:
    The battery's specs seem a lil bit OTT in the eyes of someone who is ignorant to the ways of electricity ( apart from knowing not to stick metal objects in power sockets).

Capacity:2200mAh 2S1P
    Weight:115g
    Max Discharge Current:77A 35C Continuous 150A 50C Burst
    Max Charge Current:4400mA Fast charge (2C)
    Max Charged Voltage:8.5V 4.25V per cell
    Min Discharged Voltage:6.0V 3.0V per cell
    Wire gauge:14awg High temperature silicon.

The bottom line:
    Can this battery "harm" the default high torque G&G motor and/or cause extra strain/wear on the gears due to "high" discharge rates ( im not talking bout the normal wear due to usage)? And would it be a good idea to also power the madbull hop up led module out if it? (Yes Lefty i got a bargain hop up unit with the led module so we will be checking if it actually fits in the Raider :P)

500_ln2s25c2200-02.jpg

Also to state the obvious Lefty will be doing all the work as i trust his experience more than any DIY youtube video and my hands.No offence to anyone posting a DIY video on you tube you rock regardless the result :)

P.S. If this has been asked in the past and i missed it please express your frustration through private message flaming as i have an extremely high tolerance to abuse but lil to none for thread spoiling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Have a read of this article it explains it all

PS I also quoted this article in the Questions Section yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

thanks for the info DeBurca. it was a really helpful article. i guess next time i should check the questions threads too :D

Advertisement