Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Seinfeld - o2 Dublin, May 13th

Options
  • 09-12-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Title says it all, really. Tickets on Sale next Thursday.

Saw him last year in London, great show. Probably head to this one too. More than likely the same show, but still won't pass up the opportunity. Anyone reckon it has a chance of selling out? I'd be very surprised. While there are a lot of fans of the show here, there are also more people who don't really get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

€65 for a ticket for a comedian is a bit steep isn't it! Don't think I'd pay that kind of money to see him..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

€65 euros for a stand up comedian is a bit much even for Seinfeld

"€65 to see a comedian? What's that about?!"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Not surprised the tickets are so steep. I was talking to someone who thought about bringing Seinfeld over before. 1 million a night is what he asks.

Not surprised the tickets are so steep. I was talking to someone who thought about bringing Seinfeld over before. 1 million a night is what he asks.

Maybe 10 years ago but these days a lot of people would say jerry who

• Advertisement

Maybe 10 years ago but these days a lot of people would say jerry who

Perhaps, but that's what he gets. I'd say it'll sell out (or close to).

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Cost 130 to see him in London so 65 is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Really? I'd be surprised.

He didn't sell out the o2 in London last year or at least it didn't sell out until very late. Was talking to some people there who had only gotten their tickets that week. Of course this is cheaper, but smaller population and probably part of a tour. Also, I don't think the show is very popular at all here. Best sitcom ever in my opinion, but I know an awful lot of people who have either never seen it or really dislike it.

Fair play to him . I'm only jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I paid 100quid to see him in vegas in may, it was a good show, just good not great, only did little over an hour and his warm up act was terrible but was apparently a big name in america(didnt recognise him myself).

65 for comedian in o2 is about right in my opinion, altho i hate arena's in general for comedy give me vicar street any day of the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Thanks for the post OP, can't wait for this one, he is a Legend.

Missed him in the USA twice, nice one O2 Dublin.

Serenity Now !!!!!

Classic Seinfeld standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzE7xN65E7Q

• Registered Users Posts: 3 melboftw

Saw him in The Comedy Store last year during his surprise 'warm ups'. It was great because it was him. Material was lacking, but his delivery/performance was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Got tickets today via the o2 presale, but I doubt they will sell out in minutes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

As much as I love the show, I don't think I can justify €65 for a comedy show, even for Seinfeld.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

€65

Now that's comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

Go to Stewart Lee instead, the friday before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Tree Scape wrote: »
    Go to Stewart Lee instead, the friday before!

If you turn up the Friday before for Stewart Lee you'll be disappointed I think. He's on the Friday after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

"production" tickets have just been released they are for front rows on the flat if anyone hasnt bought yet

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Thanks indiewindy, just picked up tickets for the 3rd row.

Excellent. 6th row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Thanks for the post OP, can't wait for this one, he is a Legend.

Missed him in the USA twice, nice one O2 Dublin.

Serenity Now !!!!!

Classic Seinfeld standup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzE7xN65E7Q

lol... did you just search "seinfeld" in youtube and post the first result?!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Just booked two tickets and was pleasantly surprised to get seats in the flat area in front of the stage (Gold Jerry! Gold!).
    Did I get lucky or are sales so slow that even the primo seats are still available? What are chances of it being cancelled due to lack of interest??

franer1970 wrote: »
    Just booked two tickets and was pleasantly surprised to get seats in the flat area in front of the stage (Gold Jerry! Gold!).
    Did I get lucky or are sales so slow that even the primo seats are still available? What are chances of it being cancelled due to lack of interest??

Those are most likely production seats which are released back into the market if they are unused.

A few weeks ago the best you could get was up the very back so I'd say there's very little chance of this getting cancelled.

Although having said that there does seem to be a lot of them available on the Flats still. Just checked there and you can get 8 seats together in the 4th row!

What's the deal with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adoodle

<snip> - selling tickets is not allowed here. Adoodle can have a week off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

5th row on the flat is still available, mcd did announce last week that they were releasing the last batch of tickets.
    Its strange that it isnt selling quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

A bit pissed off that I went for o2 presale tickets now. They are right at the very back, awful seats.
    If I'd have waited until the morning of the public sale would have scored much better seats.

Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

Just saw a poster for this today... [note to self, spend more time on Boards.ie]

Only tickets left on Ticketb***ard are right at the back - still worth getting?

€65 also seems very steep to me, but himself indoors is a big fan and has a birthday looming...

Rud Annamh wrote: »
    Just saw a poster for this today... [note to self, spend more time on Boards.ie]

€65 also seems very steep to me, but himself indoors is a big fan and has a birthday looming...

Check out toutless.com - people might be selling better seats than that. I offloaded a couple a few weeks back myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

Thanks JL, I'd never heard of that site (I don't get out much)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Rud Annamh wrote: »

I was right at the back (centre) for Rodger Waters last year and the view was fine. They built the o2 up rather than back, so you may be a lot higher than the stage, but you're never all that far away. That said, using Toutless for better seats is probably a better idea.

Advertisement