Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr E wrote: »
    I walked into Gamestop at lunchtime with the full intention of picking this up, but I balked at the €60 price tag.

I'll bide my time and wait for a better price.

Gamestop really went crazy with 60eu tag games lately. One game I would not expect to pay 60eu on too. Even extra vision 55eu is a bit steep.

35£ on amazon sounds good. with added vat I guess its around 40eu on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    ye its not a game id be willing to pay €60 for but I plan on taking advantage of the xtra vision trade in deal to get it for €5
    Is that deal on this weekend? Or is it on now even?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its probably worth the full price if you didn't already own it on PC. Otherwise i'd just wait for it to go down in price.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Is that deal on this weekend? Or is it on now even?
    Nvm, it is. Should have checked the website, great deal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When is the new loot system coming to PC lads? just reinstalled but wont play until that update drops.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    When is the new loot system coming to PC lads? just reinstalled but wont play until that update drops.

6 months at least.

Kripp isnt overly impressed with loot 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Just back playing diablo 3 again and finding hell well hell:pac:

Level 53 wizard and am getting owned by blue/yellow mobs!Should I farm more to level up? most of the yellow gear I'm getting is unbalanced (either 900+ dam but -4000 health etc)so my fit out has been pretty stagnant...

any tips.

Also so far Ive had 5 legendary drops and tbh they are sh1te!!

Dcully wrote: »
    Kripp isnt overly impressed with loot 2.0

So console version got loot 2.0 already? I have to say, with each day, I want to get Console version more and more.

As for issue of 2.0. What they need to do in PC version: NEW MODE! No AH, just trademarkets where a few people can join in and trade stuff. So those who still got their millions can play away in 2.0 with AH and those who dont want to play with AH can just start fresh on new mode. Problem solved.

I fired up diablo 3 yesterday and oh my god how got it is while you playing. It looks great, animations great, each blow has a great satisfaction of hitting, spells are very varied and fun. It just when you know that the next upgrade will be only from AH it all falls apart. There is a simple solution to fix it. Blizzard, finger out, Its a great fun game, but it needs some common sense injected. And "its ready, when its ready" is not fecking good enough anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Magill wrote: »
    How do position spells work ? Like a lot of the wizzard spells (Hydra, blizzard etc). Other than that, i'd imagine it would work quite well with a controller as you only really need 4 buttons for spells.. guessing the back buttons ? and direction which i remember people wanting a gamepad for in the beginning anyway.

It depends on the direction. You can also switch between the targets for precise aiming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Did they address the lack of legendary drops?

Last time i played (last summer), i had 30+ hours and zero legendarys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I presume the console version has monster power and paragon levels?

If so, then you should have an increase in legendary drops even at pre-60 levels if you use high monster powers. If they have implemented loot 2.0 onto console already you'll probably see even more.

I presume the console version has monster power and paragon levels?

If so, then you should have an increase in legendary drops even at pre-60 levels if you use high monster powers. If they have implemented loot 2.0 onto console already you'll probably see even more.
    Yup, they got paragon levels and monster levels. It's just they renamed those and you got only 8 now.

I am honestly tempted to pick this up tomorrow in town. Having no ah and normal trade is just so tempting... :( I am going in to town tomorrow so I will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

heh, paragon lite or mp lite?

or both?

Taylor365 wrote: »

I have found 2 legendary weapons and I have only started Act 2 on normal. (x360 version)

Had some great craic with couch-coop its class

I find the controls better than the mouse and keyboard. The roll function actually helps during the boss battles & larger enemys & the menus work really well with the analogue stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Taylor365 wrote: »

30+ hours????

I played over 400 hours and never had one drop.
    Now, we get average 2-3 per 20 minute run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

30+ hours????

I played over 400 hours and never had one drop.
    Now, we get average 2-3 per 20 minute run.
    Yea. Compare it to D2 where you could get a Set/Unique item 5 mins in to Act 1 or 2 hours in at Act 3.

Truly random goodness.

And just in case anyone's wondering if anything "good" drops anymore,

The last 10 legendary items I've found this is the outcome

10 Brimstone
    9 Brimstone
    8 Brimstone
    7 Sold for 50m (After tax)
    6 Sold for 100m (After tax)
    5 Brimstone
    4 Brimstone
    3 Brimstone
    2 Sold for 350m (After tax)
    1 Sold for 700m (After tax)

A brimstone is where you salvage the legendary item....

All in all, I made about 1.2 billion gold yesterday.

That's about €30 based on current gold costs.

Pretty sure its impossible to sell gold tho, since its probably a lot cheaper from 3rd party sites right ? At least it used to be before i stopped playing.

gold sites sell it for 15% cheaper than the auction house due to the tax on selling etc.
    but it sells a lot on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Aight, got to play it today - and I've got to say, AMAGAD;

Controlling the Monk with a controller on the 360 is just so fluid like compared to the PC, and am really enjoying it! :D

[ Yet to play a ranged though ]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

And just in case anyone's wondering if anything "good" drops anymore,

The last 10 legendary items I've found this is the outcome

10 Brimstone
    9 Brimstone
    8 Brimstone
    7 Sold for 50m (After tax)
    6 Sold for 100m (After tax)
    5 Brimstone
    4 Brimstone
    3 Brimstone
    2 Sold for 350m (After tax)
    1 Sold for 700m (After tax)

A brimstone is where you salvage the legendary item....

All in all, I made about 1.2 billion gold yesterday.

That's about €30 based on current gold costs.

Wow fair play dude! Still trucking away, still using the barb? Lvl 100 now I presume?

gold sites sell it for 15% cheaper than the auction house due to the tax on selling etc.
    but it sells a lot on there.

ahhh they increased the stack size, makes sense.

yeah forgot to mention that. stack size went up to 50m etc.

ktulu, yeah still trucking away :) got my second barb close to 100 now. Should be finished today/tomorrow if I bother to play.

Might go back and finish my DH to 100 too. Come the expansion, it'll be nice to have a few 100 paragon toons since it's not account wide and no limit on paragon points.

I jumped back in. Still love it :o Its just combat so damn satisfying.

I think I will be sticking to my WD for now. Looks like it can dish out some stupid amount of DPS.

Reinstalled myself too but find it hard to play Barb as i simply never seem to get gear drop.
    Fun leveling other characters though, still a great game ruined by the auction house.
    Also the maps are not random like Torchlight 2 or POE combat isnt as good as those two either imho, but i love do blizzards art style.

get that skorn going and run firebats.... you will be amazed. kite the entire fields of misery into one corner, and melt them all

get that skorn going and run firebats.... you will be amazed. kite the entire fields of misery into one corner, and melt them all

Witch Doctor i assume?

Just started up yesterday on Xbox, game feels really good and I'm enjoying it. Not played it on PC though so can't judge the difference but I used to play Diablo esque games on the PC before my one got outdated and it's just as enjoyable.

One thing though is I'm not totally sure how leveling up is working

• Advertisement

Just tried out bats and they surely are good, but very situational. Zombie bears do pretty much same thing, but with way higher range and better mana efficacy.

So whats the best way to farm on act 1? So far my ghetto WD can easily handle MP4 act1. Did not tried higher yet. And what Resistances should I am at? at the moment I am at 700-800. Just realistic m8, please, I know your Barb worth billions, your 2000+++ resistance wount help me much lol :).

Advertisement