Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I see your point there Blay, and it's cool if you want to live out in the wilderness, but I think the second map (the 1.7 one as I call it) worked really well cause the great cherryghost made us all stop, not build straight away, and take it slow and enjoy building something that we could all play in.

The only thing that has to be done well is the ops and admins have to take control and say, "hey you! stop building! there's a town hall or whatever going there!". They'd make sure people were following the agreed plans, and If some people have no intention of living in the town such as your self, then they can head straight off and do as they please, but shouldn't expect to be able to come in and criticise

Also, +1 on the people building right in front of your stuff, especially out in the middle of nowhere! There should be some kinda rule allowing whoever was there first to tell the invade to kindly f**k off! Or dismantle his house if he says no!

nim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Towns are bad ideas in retrospect. Why not have everyone spread far from each other with waypoints (shops) dotted along the map? Should make things more exciting than having everyone in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

is there a possibility of this happening soon, this new map?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

is there a possibility of this happening soon, this new map?
    1.2 wil be released in the next few days and then a week or so waiting for bukkit. 1.2 will have new map generation so probobly then!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

cool, look forward to it, i kinda came in on the end of this map i think, well it was already built, wouldnt mind getting involved in building a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Hey guys, whats the chances of joining the server?
    wanted to jump back on the minecraft bandwagon and play with some people from ireland. all i ever find is german servers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Could you add me please DevilKhan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey guys, whats the chances of joining the server?
    wanted to jump back on the minecraft bandwagon and play with some people from ireland. all i ever find is german servers..

Ach jah! There's always a good few on and some of us hop onto the boards teamspeak channel for a bit of lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

right, anyone else getting this problem..

booted up game, then an update appears and i click ok ( i was assuming all would be ok) but now, its not letting me join the server, something about java.net.socketexception is coming up

any clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SasQuatch88

Well add me if ye's can, my name is Sasquatchus..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

right, anyone else getting this problem..

booted up game, then an update appears and i click ok ( i was assuming all would be ok) but now, its not letting me join the server, something about java.net.socketexception is coming up

any clues?

Server is still one 1.1, gonna throw up a temporary 1.2 server in a couple of minutes to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

deconduo wrote: »
    Server is still one 1.1, gonna throw up a temporary 1.2 server in a couple of minutes to try it out.

oh thats fine so :D i was so sure i had fecked it up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

( i was assuming all would be ok)

any clues?

If you're a big multiplayer player then never update Minecraft the first time you see that an update is available, as depending on the actual update, it may take days or weeks before the server is able to upgrade.

New stuff in 1.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVn37lb57E

Temp server is up, no whitelist so go wild. Make sure to backup your 1.1 jars before updating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Zombies breaking doors: I'm out...

A great new world seed for those who want to see what the jungle is like : Jungleeez

Botulism wrote: »
    Zombies breaking doors: I'm out...

NAO!!!!

I HEREBY DEMAND YOU PLAY FOR AGES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Any thoughts of making the server a FactionServer or roleplaying,
    Will there be town planners et all on this server

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Any thoughts of making the server a FactionServer or roleplaying,
    Will there be town planners et all on this server

Dunno about roleplaying, wandering around doing your own thing is more interesting I think,

And I hope there will be planners and such, so we can get a nice, well layed out functional town :D

nim

for those who haven't found any, there's a jungle at x -210 y 166

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Dunno about roleplaying, wandering around doing your own thing is more interesting I think,

And I hope there will be planners and such, so we can get a nice, well layed out functional town :D

nim

Yeah some of the planned towns on r/Minecraft are excellent, it would be great to have 1 main planned town, were everyone pitches in and helps build and then we can build our own satellite towns/villages/buildings a bit out from it.

I find minecraft gets stale for me if i'm doing stuff on my own

So what's the plan for the server? Stay on 1.2 with this temp map until the mods are ready and then put the old map back?

Ponster wrote: »
    So what's the plan for the server? Stay on 1.2 with this temp map until the mods are ready and then put the old map back?

*new map :D (I hope!)

A lot of people want a new map so we'll probably go with that. I'm also learning how to make bukkit plugins, so we might be able to have a few fun things. We're also open to suggestions on plugins, or any other ideas.

A lot of people want a new map so we'll probably go with that. I'm also learning how to make bukkit plugins, so we might be able to have a few fun things. We're also open to suggestions on plugins, or any other ideas.

Thanks !

The only thing about the new map is the hours and hours that some (ok, me!) have put in to getting resources. Is starting again with nothing just to have a higher ceiling and jungle areas really worth it?

IMHO it hasn't been long enough since the last map reset (i.e. I'm in the middle of a lot of projects) :)

Ponster wrote: »
    Thanks !

The only thing about the new map is the hours and hours that some (ok, me!) have put in to getting resources. Is starting again with nothing just to have a higher ceiling and jungle areas really worth it?

yeah, cause most people are bored cause they've finished their houses and have nothing really to do...

nimrod86 wrote: »
    yeah, cause most people are bored cause they've finished their houses and have nothing really to do...

I see. I've never really understood the house building as such. Once I have a place to safely work away at night I'm happy. I'd much rather spend my time building piston/redstone/rail projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

How about the Technicpack. It currently has a multiplayer version in beta:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Technic has some nice stuffs but I prefer mods that are a bit more faithful to Minecraft - more steampunk, less nuclear reactor :p

The weirdest thing is the lack of furniture - FancyPack is very, very old now (and hasn't really been properly compatible since 1.7.3 at the latest) and I can't think of any other mods that add simple add-on content such as tables, chairs, walls, chimneys and the like. Mods that add more and different mobs would be nice too, if they were balanced and stable.

But the biggest limitation is that without a proper client syncing framework anything that adds additional content to the game, rather than the actual server mechanics, requires new class files to be manually added to the .jar. Its too much of a headache for most users to manually rebuild their modded .jars for every modded server so until Bukkit add some kind of server-based dynamic client modding as part of the impending netcode rebuild (which probably won't turn up until 1.4 or 1.5) added game content isn't very feasible :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I think he broke it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement