Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    If the break blocks to get into your house. If the doors are open, be it from an admin or op or yourself for that matter, that does not constitute a break in.

Unless they are doing more than just roaming your house, you don't have the right to kill them and confiscate their stuff.

sorry.

How does it not?

I understand if i had left the door open and wandered away/logged off but when im just entering my house, and someone slips in behind me and refuses to leave then no rules nor punishment can be used.

The same goes for OPs/Admins letting people in, Yes the OPs/Admins have the right to enter but normal users don't, And even more so if said normal users have a history of conflict with the other users of said house.

If i ask for someone to leave my house and they ignore/refuse then it should, At the very least, fall under the rule of not being a dick. Along with the OP being punished for abusing powers(Teleporting people into my house/Opening locked doors to let people in without due reason)

No?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SpoonJockey

Can I get whitelisted please? :)
    IGN: SpoonJockey

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Done!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Warning!

Due to vandalism the Nether has been broken (all Blaze spawners removed). Unless the admins decide to go back and add various plugins the only fix will be a full Nether map reset. Any future sabotage of Blaze spawners will be logged and most likely result in lengthy bans at least. Consider yourselves warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

How does it not?

I understand if i had left the door open and wandered away/logged off but when im just entering my house, and someone slips in behind me and refuses to leave then no rules nor punishment can be used.

The same goes for OPs/Admins letting people in, Yes the OPs/Admins have the right to enter but normal users don't, And even more so if said normal users have a history of conflict with the other users of said house.

If i ask for someone to leave my house and they ignore/refuse then it should, At the very least, fall under the rule of not being a dick. Along with the OP being punished for abusing powers(Teleporting people into my house/Opening locked doors to let people in without due reason)

No?:)

Well I can't speak on behalf of the admin staff but as far as I am concerned... two wrongs don't make a right. If someone refuses to listen to what you have to say then talk to one of us and we will deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Solitaire wrote: »
    Warning!

Due to vandalism the Nether has been broken (all Blaze spawners removed). Unless the admins decide to go back and add various plugins the only fix will be a full Nether map reset. Any future sabotage of Blaze spawners will be logged and most likely result in lengthy bans at least. Consider yourselves warned!

Who vandalises blaze spawners? Must be some gobsheen!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Well I can't speak on behalf of the admin staff but as far as I am concerned... two wrongs don't make a right. If someone refuses to listen to what you have to say then talk to one of us and we will deal with it.

It was "one of us" who let *person* in in the first place ;)

Ok, We are getting somewhere.

Now, If the only person of authority online is involved in the situation and as such asking said person to ban himself along with the other persons involved is out of the question what should be done?

Yes telling an OP/Admin to deal with the situation is ideal, But when thats not an option and something needs to be done what should we do?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Well. considering no one is griefing or messing with anything, its not exactly an urgent situation. It can be dealt with in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Hiya, could I be whitelisted, please? :)

SaoirsePlop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Ok, We are getting somewhere.

Now, If the only person of authority online is involved in the situation and as such asking said person to ban himself along with the other persons involved is out of the question what should be done?

Yes telling an OP/Admin to deal with the situation is ideal, But when thats not an option and something needs to be done what should we do?

Well the other option is just for you, yourself to go outside and get some fresh air. I find asking the admins to ban you to be quite useful for situations like this. I'm just coming back from a ban I requested so I could catch up on work, but if you need space, or just want to build something no one else is allowed to look at...

Why not ask to be banned, complete the house on single player (guaranteed no lollygaggin') and then come back later?

Serious question. :confused:

On another note... anyone here been following the Steam sale events? So far I've completed 9 objectives and gotten 8 coal and one measly 25% off a Valve game (I have all of Valve's games already). Used 7 coal and it gave me 50% off Magic, The Gathering, which I don't want either.
    Meanwhile, Reddit is full of people getting free copies of Skyrim, etc. The God of Chance hates me :(

hare05 wrote: »
    Well the other option is just for you, yourself to go outside and get some fresh air. I find asking the admins to ban you to be quite useful for situations like this. I'm just coming back from a ban I requested so I could catch up on work, but if you need space, or just want to build something no one else is allowed to look at...

Why not ask to be banned, complete the house on single player (guaranteed no lollygaggin') and then come back later?

Serious question. :confused:

On another note... anyone here been following the Steam sale events? So far I've completed 9 objectives and gotten 8 coal and one measly 25% off a Valve game (I have all of Valve's games already). Used 7 coal and it gave me 50% off Magic, The Gathering, which I don't want either.
    Meanwhile, Reddit is full of people getting free copies of Skyrim, etc. The God of Chance hates me :(

???

Scenario Time!
    Person A is not on the best of terms with Owner A
    OP A is not on the best of terms with Owner A

OP A comes along, Opens a door marked private and lets Person A into Owner A's house. Owner A asks politely if Person A could vacate Owner A's house at once, Person A ignores, and begins exploring.

Now how would playing on SSP fix this situation? Thats like saying if you cut your hard chop your arm off, It will get rid of the pain:P

First of all, no one should be on bad terms, secondly i fail to remember any politeness.
    Also, yes, if u dont want people exploring ur house, playing in SSP will stop this happening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Basically the point of all of this is: OP's shouldn't be opening locked doors unless there's a need and certainly shouldn't be doing it to let other people in. That's taking the piss imo.

I know this is just one situation but if I broke open someone's door to let another person in you could bet your ass I'd be shot in the kneecaps double time.

Blay wrote: »
    Basically the point of all of this is: OP's shouldn't be opening locked doors unless there's a need and certainly shouldn't be doing it to let other people in. That's taking the piss imo.

I know this is just one situation but if I broke open someone's door to let another person in you could bet your ass I'd be shot in the kneecaps double time.

Remember the second map? (2 before this one)

Bland used to crack open everyone's chests ALL the time xD

I think the important thing to note here is that this is not a PvP server. I appreciate the idea of locking your door so no one can run into your place and steal all the stuff not in chests (wheat farm, etc) but seriously, what's the point of playing multiplayer if you don't intend to share your creations?

Xenon560 wrote: »
    First of all, no one should be on bad terms, secondly i fail to remember any politeness.
    Also, yes, if u dont want people exploring ur house, playing in SSP will stop this happening

Person A was told to get out, That is polite, Im not sure what is expected when someone barges into my house unvited through a locked door but a simple get out is as polite as i thought was necessary.

I don't mind people exploring my house, But when i don't want them to i should not be on SMP? Idiocy.
    If i want someone to explore my house i will invite them in, Or leave the door open. I shouldn't have to consider an OP abusing his powers by letting other people past private signs. Person A was not an OP therefore Person A should not get past the sign, Simples.

The fact of the matter is Person A still bypassed a Private sign. The Op was the accessory to the crime.
    Remember the second map? (2 before this one)

I think the important thing to note here is that this is not a PvP server. I appreciate the idea of locking your door so no one can run into your place and steal all the stuff not in chests (wheat farm, etc) but seriously, what's the point of playing multiplayer if you don't intend to share your creations?

You are missing the point, I don't mind sharing my creations but if i don't want someone in my house at the time(Lets say im constructing something - Person A could get in the way) then people should not come in. The fact an OP opened a private door and let someone in is the point im trying to get across.
    Person A should not at any point be allowed past that door without my permission(Unless Person A is an OP/Admin) - The rules state this. No where in the rules does it state that Person A could get past private marked doors with the help of an OP/Admin.

If thats the case, Then if i befriend an OP/Admin i can go anywhere? Interesting house? Get my OP/Admin friend to open the private marked door so i can check it out. Doors have private signs for a reason. That mod is there for said reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Whats with all this fighting over a hypothetical situation? The correct course of action, no matter how someone unwanted got into your house, is to ask them to leave. If they refuse, report them to a mod/admin who will warn/ban them. If you take action against them yourself, such as killing them and taking their stuff, you will only earn yourself a ban as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I don't remember this?

I don't remember this?

It was mostly other admins chests, but I remember for the first 2 weeks or so it would always pop up 'Blandkitten broke open <whoever's> chest'

Or maybe it was another mod doing it. Dunno, sorry :pac:

Also, a notice for anyone procrastinating over buying a 3D printer, here's the best reason so far: Mineways

As far as I'm concerned. Unless the person actually does something wrong while they are in your house, you have no right what-so-ever to kill them and take their stuff and on that note I will warn you that if such a scenario plays out... Admin, other ops or myself would have no problem in banning the killer.

Secondly. The reason why there are 3 op staff is so that if you have a problem with one, you contact the other to let them know. The other staff member will be advised and hopefully the op in question will adjust the way they do their job.

Finally, I think that the ops and admin staff that are working on the server have been with the boards server long enough to know what is acceptable behaviour or not. We have played with each other for a year plus and listen to each other.

Unless you scenario isn't strictly hypothectical then I suggest we leave it at that.

• Advertisement

I just realised that it is Christmas day and no one has posted this ... so I will do the honours!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I just realised that it is Christmas day and no one has posted this ... so I will do the honours!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

What were you doing up that late? Santa won't come if your not asleep!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

nimrod86 wrote: »
    What were you doing up that late? Santa won't come if your not asleep!!!:D
    I hate to break it to you but......

STFU DALE. Santa is real! :)

So, what did all you kiddies get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Xenon560 wrote: »
    So, what did all you kiddies get