Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you become a Vigilante?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Not vigalante, but I started a reasonable debate in the Christianity forum this evening over something that is bothering me and it promptly got closed.:(:D

Won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Yes definatly. Vigilantism should have been used against priests who literally got away with child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

Instant lack of points for needing a group. If you can't get out there and break some faces on your own then you don't deserve the right to put your underpants on over your tights.

most super duper underpants wearers hero's have a sidekick. sorry i thought we were actually talking real life actually going out sorting our streets rather than pretending to be super heros:rolleyes:

WORST THREAD EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

retardninja.jpg

Lets do this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I don't think I'd become a vigilante for a community. I'm just not selfless enough.

However, if anyone ever screwed with my family and justice wasn't served. I would have no hesitation in "going rogue" and dishing out the justice myself. I'm confident I could get away with it as well. I have it all figured out :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Oh I SO would.

Recommend Kevin Bacon's Death Sentence to anyone interested in such justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Damokc wrote: »
    most super duper underpants wearers hero's have a sidekick. sorry i thought we were actually talking real life actually going out sorting our streets rather than pretending to be super heros:rolleyes:

WORST THREAD EVER!

It's AH, so the thread exists in a kind of odd state between serious and funny at all times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd love to be part of a vigilante group. There's some serious fùcking scum existing in my small town/village that could do with taking down a peg or two.:cool::mad:

You mean you'd like to cower behind a group and watch them beat up people you don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yeah knee capping for all jaywalkers, that would make them wait for the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

one should always be vigilant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

After seeing the last two Harry Potter movies I finally figured out what I wanted to be now that I had grown up: Hermione.

Running around the place fighting unequivocal evil and the catharsis that accompanies it, all the adrenaline rush, getting yourself out of trouble with your brains, constantly exciting kind of......job.

Sadly that job doesn't exist. The next closest thing to it is being a vigilante in the muggle world- a lot less glamorous though, and rather than just nicely stupefying them sometimes you have to pull a trigger. But if I could convince myself that I was 100% fighting unequivocal evil (impossible really, human fallibility and all that) then yeah I would definitely go kick the **** out of evil scumbags.

On a slightly less pretentious note, if anyone even looked sideways at a friend or family member of mine, particularly one of my nieces or nephews, I'd split them in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nidge_Weasel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

vigilantes in a group never works and cannot work as too many people in this group will know you. You always do it single by yourself, as they say if you want something done do it yourself then no one knows what the hell happened. working in groups is a liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd love to be part of a vigilante group. There's some serious fùcking scum existing in my small town/village that could do with taking down a peg or two.:cool::mad:

Wouldnt that be just like having another gang though, after you conquer all the scum then what, maybe then you will start thinking like Heisenberg. " Eh maybe we can corner the crystal meth market too".

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

On a slightly less pretentious note, if anyone even looked sideways at a friend or family member of mine, particularly one of my nieces or nephews, I'd split them in two.
    Yore jib madame. I like the cut of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Yeah sidekicks are a real pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Would I be a vigilante?

Yeah, but not as a job. I would take the law into my own hands if I really had to.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I've a feeling I'd be very Rorschach-like if was to become one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

If someone murdered my mother, any of my siblings or their children, or my girlfriend, I'd had to be seriously dissuaded from taking action to murder the murderer and/or those belonging to him/her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Revenge was swift after my Dad's place was burgled, Sometimes you just have to strike back..

Nobody was hurt by the way..But the mystery surrounding my revenge drove the knackers mad..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Ye, I'd become a vigilante, I'd call myself "The Kitten"
    Then I'd go head to head against "The Dawg"

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1208/castlebar.html

This is the sort of case I'm talking about!!

Advertisement