Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking about buying lidl graphics tablet...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭qpd

puter sez no

page 10 of manual - xp, vista or win 7 (no mention of mac)
    Having said that I had an old trust 1200(same thing) tablet that functioned without mac drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

You'd be better off saving a few more euro and getting a wacom bamboo. Their good enough to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I am sure others might correct me on this but I find that the current tools that are offered via high end applications are more than adequate to produce works that are needed by clients.

I have used graphic tablets and personally find them over-rated and practically useless as I can take in any drawing and trace them digitally in Flash or illustrator. However a more user friendly option that i have found and am thinking of buying for more direct purposes is this: http://www.blessthisstuff.com/stuff/technology/misc-gadgets/wacom-inkling-digitally-captures-what-you-draw/

I have not used this as yet but it looks the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

I got the silvercrest tablet they offered maybe 2 years back, dunno if it is the same you were talking about, but it worked with mac no problems .... i dont use mac myself but friends borrowed it on occasion. The downside is the tablet is quite poor in terms of quality.

It's a matter of personal preference in what you use to design, and anything new you take on is going to have a learning curve. But given equal comfort of use with a mouse or a tablet, no question, tablets make certain tasks much easier to perform.... particularly the tracing of a drawing.... though it could just be initially drawn from tablet rather than having to be traced. It doesn't need to replace the mouse if thats what your comfortable with in certain tasks though, just another tool in the arsenal :D

The inkling does indeed look savage :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I was going to get the Lidl tablet last year, decided against it and went with a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch - It's a great little thing to have! Although, at the beginning, I found it really hard to use, but once I started using it, the features offered improved my work flow on many of my projects!
    I believe the Wacom Bamboo (Normal one) is around 50 quid. IMO you'd be better off picking one of them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Ok, really stupid question so apologies in advance.

I got a wacom bamboo from my husband for Christmas. Had never heard of them and have no idea what to do with it. I love photography and he thought it would be useful. Have googled it and seems that the only links I found show me it being used as another mouse pad..... Any tips or links that might show me how to use this properly. Hubby keeps asking why I'm not using it....So stupid.. sorryy

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Use the stylus to replace your mouse. It's great for photo retouching and design work in general, so if you're ever in photoshop that's where you'd use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dekko90

Just to let you know that the graphics tablet sold by lidl is basically the german Aiptek 1000u graphics tablet with the word Silvercrest printed on it. Mac drivers are available from the manufacturers website ...

http://www.aiptek.eu/index.php/de/produkte/grafiktabletts-a-digitale-stifte/grafiktabletts/mediatablet-10000u

The page is in german so scroll down and select the section entitled "Treiber & Software" and from there click on the download link "Treiber v2.09 fur Mac OS X" for the Mac drivers.

These drivers open a window which allows you to personalise all the programmable keys around the sides. Incidentally I put a thin strip of masking tape along the top of these buttons on the tablet and wrote a note over each box to remind me what my selections were.

Enjoy.

Just to clarify, I programmed the buttons with Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts.

... and I've just checked the Aiptek site to make sure that the link I posted worked and noticed that there's an english language selection button on the top right corner of the page - Didn't need to use google translate after all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Hiya I am thinking about buying the silvercrest graphics tablet gta2000 out of lidl,its on sale for €59.99 . Anyone know if this can be used with apple mac?seems like a good offer if it is or what is the next best thing for mac at a low price? thanks
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl...ndex_16008.htm <-link to product
    save up another 5-6 euro and get yourself a Wacom Bamboo in Argos. Fantastic little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carder12

I think it will be a little more expensive but highly recommend. I have a graphic tablet, but the truth is wired, I want to take a wireless one soon. So it works great, especially if the diagonal of the screen itself is large, I am very pleased. By the way, for my work here I take color schemes and palettes, it speeds up and simplifies the work a hundred times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think he might have bought one 10 years ago.

Anyway since you brought it up. Good channel for Design Tech Gear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENQ-TLBYvI

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tirara

always wacom.

Advertisement