Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental Technician

Options
  • 07-12-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have got an interview call for Environmental Technician internship from County Council. Can anyone help me in preparation?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

Wow.... A rare occurance now-a-days!!

The interview will depend on the Council that it's with and how they lay out their work. If possible, get information on how the Council Environment Section works. It is generally best to have an overall knowledge of all possible sections and the legislation relating to them, so cover Drinking Water, Rivers, Lakes, Bathing Water (in appropriate), Wastewater, Lanfill and Industrial Effluents. The interview might be more focused on one aspect if it's for a definate role or a more general perspective if you'd be doind a little of everything. Any practical exerience is a bonus.

For council interviews, there are usually set sections to mark, including; your education and experience, your technical ability, your knowledge of the role, people/communication skills (i.e. deal with customers, dealing with a problem...) and don't forget the overall "company" questions, you'll need to know about the general council, how the sections are divided, who's in charge of the section you are working under, it's even good to have a look at what the budgets were for the previous year for the section to show that you understand the bigger picture.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

save tiger wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have got an interview call for Environmental Technician internship from County Council. Can anyone help me in preparation?
    Thanks

Good luck, did somebody die?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

It depends what they are looking for but county councils cover a lot of areas and different counties have different area and priorities - have a look for some of the local rivers - look out especially for the poor quality red dot ones
    http://www.epa.ie/downloads/pubs/water/rivers/name,30844,en.html

also see what their drinking water quality is like at again have a look for any problem locations in the county you are interested in.

http://www.epa.ie/downloads/pubs/water/drinking/name,31739,en.html

good luck.

Advertisement