Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MythBusters Destroy Dublin [US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Awful show. Cancel it.

bleg wrote: »
    Awful show. Cancel it.

Great show. Don't cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

bleg wrote: »
    Awful show. Cancel it.

You just got checkmate'd! \/ \/ \/
    Great show. Don't cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Mythbusters is a load of crap. Grown men and women acting like children blowing things up. I'd love if it got cancelled and they put something decent on instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

KeithAFC wrote: »
    These mythbusters have no respect for peoples property and all in the name of making money passed off as some scientific show. Cancel this show.

It was an isolated incident where something went wrong. How does that mean lack of respect for peoples property?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

SeaFields wrote: »
    Who the fcuk hears a bang and thinks "oh no, meteor :eek:"

Gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

It means yank houses are built like ****, that's what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mythbusters is a load of crap. Grown men and women acting like children blowing things up. I'd love if it got cancelled and they put something decent on instead.

its a fun show that lots of people around the world like.......if you don't like it don't watch it, simples

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Gardaí

Came here for this. Leaving satisfied. 'Must have been a mee-tree-ite hit the line' ...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

Grown men and women blowing stuff up is entertaining, and they do it in an informative manner where they explain what they are doing. You can learn much from the show, unlike the X-Factor, Britain's got Talent, etc

By far one of the best shows on TV. What do you suggest they replace it with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

rossie1977 wrote: »
    its a fun show that lots of people around the world like.......if you don't like it don't watch it, simples
    It's a load of rubbish that paved the way for other rubbish like Destroyed In Seconds and that other pile of crap where they saw things in half with a chainsaw.

Programmes that are on a channel called 'Discovery' should actually teach you something rather than being about blowing things up just for the sake of it.

These types of programmes are ruining the documentary channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

No that's the Health and Safety brigade you're thinking of.
    PC brigade? what do you think political correctness means? what you are thiking of is health and safety.
    Yep sorry, wrong bunch of nutjobs

It's a load of rubbish that paved the way for other rubbish like Destroyed In Seconds and that other pile of crap where they saw things in half with a chainsaw.

Programmes that are on a channel called 'Discovery' should actually teach you something rather than being about blowing things up just for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

Watching animals procreate FTW!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

$$$$$ signs for the homeowners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

$$$$$ signs for the homeowners.

Exactly.
    News Report did say the show is "on hold" ... I say its assement time. This could mark the end for Mythbusters.

I watch the show and many times they have stated they couldnt do certain myths the way they wanted to because of insurance. There is going to be a big pay out for those home owners out of the insurance which will raise the cost up for further 'myths' they test.

.. this could end it. I doubt it cause its VERY popular. But you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A couple of points to note:
    - the cannon firing was done on police property, with their full approval and bomb squad officers in attendance;
    - that cannon has been on the show before, and that time it was operated by its owners, not by the cast of the show. They're in the pictures this time too, so it's reasonable to assume that was the case yesterday too.
    Say what you like about the Mythbusters, but they are not too proud to get professional help when dealing with dangerous things.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Here's one of the balls they used in the experiment :D.
    I suck at mspaint shop :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I f*cking love mythbusters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

orourkeda wrote: »
    I f*cking love mythbusters

Like it too :)
    I'm just waiting till around 3:20am ... new episode straight from the states baby! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Haelium wrote: »

Aliens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Haelium wrote: »

Shark versus Anaconda, When Good Sharks Go Bad, every other programme on the Discovery network seems to involve sharks.

Mythbusters is good though, hopefully they show this episode.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Having been in Dublin, California all I can say is there's not a whole lot worth destroying there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Its not the first time:

http://boingboing.net/2009/03/26/mytbusters-accidenta.html

From 2009:
    Our pals at Mythbusters made a big bang in the the small town of Esparto, California. Their aim was to "knock the socks off" a mannequin with an explosion of ammonium nitrate. The boom blew out some residents' windows that Mythbusters replaced. One woman whose glass was shattered was delighted by the surprise. Others, not so much. From KCRA.com:

"Course all the neighbors ran out into the street. We didn't know what was going on," said Paul Williams, who heard the explosion...

Williams said the school and others in town should have been notified the blast was going to happen.

Chief Barry Burns, of Esparto Fire Department, had several firefighters on hand for the explosion. He said he made the decision not to notify anyone in town for safety sake.

"Mythbusters is supposed to be a really popular show. Everybody would have been out there. We would have had to cancel it because it would have been too dangerous," Burns said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

great show hope they air it now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

PC brigade? what do you think political correctness means? what you are thiking of is health and safety.

This is California, a State which has banned a series of weapons by method of the legislators going through a picture book of guns and saying "that one looks bad, we'll ban that one, that one's not scary, we'll let people have it..."

I am sure that the local PC brigade will be involved in this too. Weapons are evil, mmmkay?

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

So basically..no fun allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

So basically..no fun allowed.
    Fun should be allowed but it is just a silly show. These guys are sceptics and love science but make a mockery of science with some of the nonsense they get up to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

This is California, a State which has banned a series of weapons by method of the legislators going through a picture book of guns and saying "that one looks bad, we'll ban that one, that one's not scary, we'll let people have it..."

I am sure that the local PC brigade will be involved in this too. Weapons are evil, mmmkay?

NTM

thats not what PC means, unless guns have been declared an ethnicity or gender

Advertisement